New to Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

skidooman93

Original poster
Mar 13, 2018
Minnesota
Hey Guys, I am a or was a direct tv customer of 12 years and just had dish installed yesterday and I need some help.

I have a hopper 3 with 2 joey 2's and 3 54.0 remotes.

Earlier I accidentally started an on demand download of Rocky, it was from TCM so it was free but I tried to stop the download while it was downloading, I tried for about 30 minutes, yes my internet is that slow, I chatted with Dish support and they told me the only way to stop the download was to unplug the hopper 3 or reset the hopper 3, is that correct?

Secondly on the 54.0 remotes how do I program the side buttons, the tv, aux buttons. The input button does not work. The tech did program the remote so it changes the tv volume and turns it on and off. But I would like to be able to use the input button. And I would like to program the aux button. When I go to the remote program wizard in settings and tell it I want to program a dvd to the aux, it tries a code but then tells me to use the volume up and down buttons to see if the dvd was successfully programed to the remote. I don't know of many dvd players that have volume up and down buttons on them. So when I try to program the dvd player to the remote it doesn't work. The dvd player I am trying to program to the aux button is a samsung player so it isn't some obscure brand.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am struggling with the new equipment but slowly getting there.

Yes resetting the hopper will stop the download. As for the input button that is for the hopper tuners while in satellite mode. Say you want to see what is on a second tuner you hit the input button and the picture will swap to the other tuner. If you push the tv button on the side of the remote and then input it should bring up the tv inputs. But that is not a guarantee depending on what kind of tv brand you have. As for the aux button you should be able to program the DVD player by brand and then while in aux mode try the power button to turn the DVD player off and on and if it does you go back to satellite and hit yes and then save out of that menu or hit back till it takes you back out. Then when you hit aux button it should control the DVD player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)