SOLVED! new to dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The problem has been solved!
No,that's what I thought. Read alot on RG11 they say its alot better for hd maybe they switched , thanks
RG11 is used for very long coax runs because it has more copper. It is seldom used in residential installations. Many years ago cable TV used RG59. With the need for higher bandwidth the standard, today, is RG6 except for very long runs.

RG11 is used for very long coax runs because it has more copper.
I thought it was because of lower attenuation, making it useful for longer runs. It probably has more copper as well, but at these frequencies, I don't think the signal penetrates very far into the material. Don't some coaxes take advantage of this by using copper-clad wire?

I thought it was because of lower attenuation, making it useful for longer runs. It probably has more copper as well, but at these frequencies, I don't think the signal penetrates very far into the material. Don't some coaxes take advantage of this by using copper-clad wire?
We use solid copper wire for Hughesnet/Viasat installs and runs between 100 and 200 feet because of the way it handles voltage. RG 11 is used for extraordinary long runs. In our case, the customer is responsible for supplying the cable, connectors, terminators, etc. I've only seen one job where the run was about 300' from the Dish to the house and while dBM's were higher, the system worked perfectly well

We use solid copper wire for Hughesnet/Viasat installs and runs between 100 and 200 feet because of the way it handles voltage.
Aha; that makes sense. The lower the frequency, the more the signal penetrates. For DC supplies, of course the cross section of the copper is important to keep the resistance down.
I've only seen one job where the run was about 300' from the Dish to the house and while dBM's were higher, the system worked perfectly well
Ambiguous. Did the customer supply RG11, or did you supply RG6? 300' would be spectacular performance for RG6.

I've tested a Dish H2 with 400' of RG6. It worked ok, but the signal levels were definitely lower than with 200'. The only RG11 install I've done was 490' to an EA 1000.2. I used direct burial RG11 for that one with it running under a rural road. Signal levels were in the 45-55 range.

Aha; that makes sense. The lower the frequency, the more the signal penetrates. For DC supplies, of course the cross section of the copper is important to keep the resistance down.

Ambiguous. Did the customer supply RG11, or did you supply RG6? 300' would be spectacular performance for RG6.
No he supplied RG11 and the hardware. The solo Node was at the Dish with a Tap at the house. My fault for not specifying RG11