New to FTA- Fighting Sioux Hockey AMC-3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Westerneagle

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2010
Bismarck, North Dakota
Hello,

Finally installed my equipment to receive AMC-3 for UND Fighting Sioux Hockey. Dialed in on AMC-3 satellite today and getting a signal level of 90 with a signal quality of 71. Do I need more fine tuning?
It will be a week or so before they will be back in Grand Forks on FSSN.

Thanks for any help,

Mike

what receiver model? quality meters vary.

also this weekend there are 5 games on. Women's games Friday/Sat at 7, mens game from Anchorage on at 10 (supposedly on this feed.....may not be) Sunday womens b-ball at 5 I think. So a few times to tune it in 100% ;)

I know last weekend the signal was very strong...maxed out the meter on a couple receivers

what channel are you getting a 71 quality on?

Thats usually pretty good so you shouldnt have any issues come Friday....the feed for the FSSN comes up 15 minutes before gametime

What size dish? You should be in the 80s for quality on most feeds on 87 west. Last Saturday I was at 85 on a 30 inch winegard for FSSN with a Traxis 4000. Friday I was only at 71 Friday night.

I think the 3500 has a stingier meter (wont read as high). I havent worked with either one but just going off what other folks have mentioned

westerneagle

Did you get the feed fine tonight for the womens game? The mens game might be on there after

Hi Iceberg,

I failed to get the feed. For a bit I was getting an audio feed from a BC/Wis hockey earlier(diferent transponder). I'm confused. Will try to confirm all the settings this afternoon.

Thanks

FSSN Transponder

Westerneagle

I believe that the Fighting Sioux network has moved around a bit this season on 87W and you may find two or three target frequencies listed in previous threads. The FSSN - UND signal is on 12095 V 4880 this weekend.

you can try because it should be higher. Like near the 70's higher

Make sure the LNB is skewed right to optimize signal. Depending on where in ND you are it might have to be twisted more. Try to turn the skew a little more clockwise (if your in front of the dish facing it)

The fact you are that close I would try to slightly move the dish. Easiest way is if you can see the meter on the receiver slightly lean into the dish (dont loosen any bolts) and see if the signal goes up or down. Try that in all directions (left, right, up, down)

58 from what I heard is good...but the feed has been in the low 70's on the Traxis 3500 the last few games

last night my signal was lower than normal.....but then again it was snowing pretty hard here so that might have been why

Yep it was on, ended in a 4-4 tie. I was switching back and forth from it to the 3 OT Fl St/Princeton basketball game on 91, lol.

Hello Guys,
Unable to get a FSSN feed from Grand Forks tonight? Any Sioux fans out there getting Harvard vs UND on FTA?

Thanks

yep worked fine tonight. Not the best signal wise but was working fine

tomorrow is last game on the FSSN.....Sunday they rename it the UND Sports Network

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)