new to FTA free to air

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hi yep that is the plan I have a line and a beam TV antenna fir free. onky thing is it's still on the guys roof. So have to gigure out a way to get them down. once its at my place I can ground mount it on a tri pod or build a mast that folds. I can do that from my chair or with my walker. Jimmy

Let us know how it works when you get it at your place.

I get 97W fine. the only problem is the my signal streath is aroun 93 persent but I cant seem to get the SQ about 53 I had 63 once but then went back down and no mater what I try I cant get SQ higher for some reason. Jimmy

The antenna right? I know that weird to ask but for somereason my replys are all out of order. Jimmy

You know I just had a thought is there a magzine or somthing out there to see what shows are on when. most of the time its hit or miss with some shows @lwast for me. hopfully in the next day or to I can peack my dish to above 50 SQJimmy

Nope, no magazine or internet listing of show feed air times. Way beck when there was, but no longer. For the nets, put their call letters in titantv.com .
>>"I cant get SQ higher for some reason"<< Did you adjust the skew of the LNBF??

For some reason, the posts came up out of order or missing to me also.... 55 is a good Q on the Fortec mII. When I get most (all) of the transponders, I quit tweaking. If you can copy a S-7 signal fine, do you really need a 20 over 9 signal?
will look you up on QRZ.... de K7EVI

I will check you guys out on QRZ as well. I tried everything to get the SQ higher. It's working so I am thinking I should leave well enough alone. I get 270 some channels and about 53 of them are in English and of those I watch about 5 to 10 but keep looking threw all the channels just to see what’s on. I thought I would post a antenna update, Score!, I got my hands on a UHF/VHF 10 element stacked array. the only change I will make is I will add a rotor. I picked one up last summer for I think 20 bucks with the control box like new. I am told the pre amp works. I have to look as it as I have a pre amp power supply but not sure if they match up. also the pre amp goes to another small box on the mast. I first thought it may be a filter. I am not just sure what it is. I also found in my box a channel master step down deal thing, I am not sure what that is either. I have about 80 feet of RG6 in the shed and about the same for rotor control wire. A added bonus was that it came with a folding tri pod. COOL! I don’t remember what I paid for the RG6 or the rotor control wire, but all told I have about 30 bucks into it and a few bucks for gas. it was already down. Its nice were but damp. once we get a nice sunny day the antenna should go up pretty easy. Of course I have to test the pre amp and figure out what that other little box is and see if my channel master pre amp power supply will work with the channel master pre amp voltage wise. One I check all that I have to figure out placement. Just thought I would let you guys know.Jimmy

Attachments

• S4200001.JPG
    S4200001.JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 99
  • S4200009.JPG
    S4200009.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 106
  • S4200007.JPG
    S4200007.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 103
  • S4200006.JPG
    S4200006.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 101
  • S4200005.JPG
    S4200005.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 79
  • S4200002.JPG
    S4200002.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 111
I will check you guys out on QRZ as well. I tried everything to get the SQ higher. It's working so I am thinking I should leave well enough alone. I get 270 some channels and about 53 of them are in English and of those I watch about 5 to 10 but keep looking threw all the channels just to see what’s on. I thought I would post a antenna update, Score!, I got my hands on a UHF/VHF 10 element stacked array. the only change I will make is I will add a rotor. I picked one up last summer for I think 20 bucks with the control box like new. I am told the pre amp works. I have to look as it as I have a pre amp power supply but not sure if they match up. also the pre amp goes to another small box on the mast. I first thought it may be a filter. I am not just sure what it is. I also found in my box a channel master step down deal thing, I am not sure what that is either. I have about 80 feet of RG6 in the shed and about the same for rotor control wire. A added bonus was that it came with a folding tri pod. COOL! I don’t remember what I paid for the RG6 or the rotor control wire, but all told I have about 30 bucks into it and a few bucks for gas. it was already down. Its nice were but damp. once we get a nice sunny day the antenna should go up pretty easy. Of course I have to test the pre amp and figure out what that other little box is and see if my channel master pre amp power supply will work with the channel master pre amp voltage wise. One I check all that I have to figure out placement. Just thought I would let you guys know.Jimmy

I ment to add these pisture to my post but i dont see them so I most have done somthing work so let me try again.Jimmy

Attachments

• Picture disk 002.jpg
    Picture disk 002.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 121
  • Picture disk 003.jpg
    Picture disk 003.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 104
  • Picture disk 004.jpg
    Picture disk 004.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 125
  • Picture disk 005.jpg
    Picture disk 005.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 109
  • Picture disk 006.jpg
    Picture disk 006.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 106
  • S4200001.JPG
    S4200001.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 103
  • S4200002.JPG
    S4200002.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 98
  • S4200005.JPG
    S4200005.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 111
  • S4200006.JPG
    S4200006.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 102
  • S4200007.JPG
    S4200007.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 107
  • S4200009.JPG
    S4200009.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 107
  • Picture disk 001.jpg
    Picture disk 001.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 105
I get 270 some channels and about 53 of them are in English
That's what I get @ 97W. rv1pop says "55 is a good Q on the Fortec mII" so i'd say you got it. cudos.
tvfool.com can help out with the OTA Don't know if you also received the phasing harness to put the vhf antennas together. Without it you may actually end up with less signal than could be had by using just one. Maybe put one up aimed at your local vhf stations. The other on the rotator (with the UHF 4 bay) for DX'ing.(??) Use a A-B switch or a splitter (backwards) to combine the two.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts