New to fta.

JohnnySETx.

Original poster
Mar 15, 2021
Shelbyville Texas
I'm trying to use my orby dish .with a amiko mini hd265. But i can't find galaxy 19 don't know if I have my dish set right. I'm in east Texas. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm trying to use my orby dish .with a amiko mini hd265. But i can't find galaxy 19 don't know if I have my dish set right. I'm in east Texas. Any help would be appreciated.
Welcome to Satellite Guys! As TV Junkie said, post up your settings info. Assume you are using the original lnbf that came with Orby dish? Are you using a meter to help aim the dish or just your Amiko?

Important that you have a known good transponder while you are SLOWLY panning your dish with the Amiko otherwise you are guaranteed to miss it. Have you taken a look at www.dishpointer.com to help you zero in on where to aim your dish?

I had orby for two months so everything is new. Where do I find the setting you asked about?

On your Amiko remote press menu, then select Installation, then Satellite Installation. Under 97W set the following:

LNB Type: Standard First Frequncy: 10750
TP Index: 12152 H 20000
Diseqc 1.0: Disable
Diseqc 1.1: Disable
Positioner: Off
22 KHz: Off
0/12V: Off
Polarity: Auto
LNB Power: On

This will ensure that you have an active transponder while moving your dish. Move it VERY SLOWLY in TINY increments as it takes a while to get a signal lock.

Dish pointer is little help it can't find my address

You need to enter your exact location (latitude and longitude) where your dish is located. You can get these from Google Earth. Once you have entered them select 97W from the satellite list and hit Search. Scroll down to the near the bottom and it will give you your azimith, elevation and lnbf skew for 97W at your location. Set your dish to these.

Someone here put a youtube posting on how to set up the orby dish for other satelites just a few days ago. Orby only came with only polarity lnb for 13 volt so you will have to get a new lnb that has both vertical and horizontal , 13v-18v.

OP, you do KNOW you actually have to MOVE the dish to point at satellite 97w, right? It's not a tv antenna, it must be pointed exactly at where 97w is for your located. That requires loosening some bolts, turning it, and likely aiming a bit higher than the Orby satellite. Also, the dish will need to be rotated a certain amount of degrees to match the satellite.

Last edited:
Someone here put a youtube posting on how to set up the orby dish for other satelites just a few days ago. Orby only came with only polarity lnb for 13 volt so you will have to get a new lnb that has both vertical and horizontal , 13v-18v.
I have tested the Orby dish/LNB on a FTA receiver - it does both H & V.

I have tested the Orby dish/LNB on a FTA receiver - it does both H & V.
Good to know> When I first got orby, they said the lnbf was good for 13v only. I was thinking if I decided to use it for fta that I would set the skew to on dish to 0 degree and put a lnbf on the dish that you set the skew on the lnbf.