New to HD & DishNetwork - A/V Sync Question

Okay. First thanks for all the help guys. Here is where I am at....

I checked the TV1 audio sync on the 622. It is set to HD. I went ahead and exchanged the DVI-HDMI cable for a straight HMDI-HDMI eliminating the adapter. It seemed to help....sometimes it's spot on.

The lag was never all that much. Just enough (for me) to notice. My wife didn't notice it....but that's not saying much. :)

I still want to try the component method and see what kind of a difference that makes. Besides I am interested to see the picture difference as well with all the debate about component/HDMI.

One more quick question if you don't mind....I don't have a component cable. Just to test it, could I just use and audio (r/w) cable and a video 9 (yellow) cable? Or is the cable totally different?

Also, I may end up purchasing a new audio receiver and making sure it has a delay option. Not for this reason, but it's been on my list to buy for a while anyway. I just like the one I have so much I am having a hard time replacing it.

Yes you can use the red/yellow/white cables in the component jacks colored as Randall states, but, depending on the quality of the cables, you may not get the best results. It would be a good way to test the lip-sync issue. Good quality RG6 and thicker Component cables are cheap at www.monoprice.com.

See ya
Tony

Yes you can use the red/yellow/white cables in the component jacks colored as Randall states, but, depending on the quality of the cables, you may not get the best results. It would be a good way to test the lip-sync issue. Good quality RG6 and thicker Component cables are cheap at www.monoprice.com.

See ya
Tony

Thanks. I do have some high quality composite cables. I will test it with those.

Thanks again to all those that posted.

Keep in mind that sync can often be a problem from the transmission end, ie TNT-HD, notorious for sync problems.

I was under the understanding that component can be digital or analog. When its digital its YCbCr and when its analog its YPbPr. High deff signals are YCbCr and 480i is YPbPr.

Corey

Hey all,

New to this forum. Just signed up with Dish and got the 622 a week ago. I had it plugged in with component cables and optical audio to my stereo. Last night just changed over to a HDMI to DVI cable to my tv and noticed a couple of audio sync issues also. I know the sync setting was set to HD but I might try SD just to see what happens. Anyone else come up with a fix other then going to component. I dont have that many component plugs on my TV plug the HDMI to DVI defenitly looks sharper and brighter to me.

I have to disagree with the "no video q lost" statement. Component is much softer than HDMI. To some it actually may be an improvement and not as harsh as HDMI, but there is no way that component looks "as good" as HDMI.

I would do what whatchel1 is mentioning. The audio sync setting on the Dish receiver is probably the issue here.

See ya
Tony

BTW I have my sat receiver connected to my Hitachi TV via HDMI, Component, S-Video and Composite for no other reason other than I can. So I have checked it out with my own eyes and some one else selecting the inputs blind. I could spot the difference every time between all 4 inputs. Sometimes it took me a while, but I scored 100. :)

I had mine hooked up with a HDMI to DVI, the picture was washed out, no contrast and the SD looked very soft, I switched to component and the colors poppped and the contrast was excellent. It may depend on the set.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)