New to HDTV. few questions with dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jmichael99

Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
im going to be getting a LCD HDTV here soon. is there anything i need from dish network besides the HD tuner? Will all the cables i need come with it?

also since im not up to date on all the HDTVs if anyone could give me some info on a good tv. i want somewhere between a 26in and 37in, price range around 1400.
im looking at these tv's
Sharp AQUOS™ 32" Widescreen LCD HDTV Monitor
and
Polaroid 37" Widescreen LCD HDTV Monitor

thanks for any help you can give!!

Welcome to the forum, jmichael99!

Cables are normally included with the receiver.
If you want more HD, consider getting VOOM package in addition to basic HD package. For that you will need a dish pointed to 61.5 though.
I will let someone else comment on HDTV monitors, as I may not be up-to-date on that.

thanks for the very quick reply!

i looked at the voom package. my only concern is can i get fox and nbc in HD with dish network? im a hugh race fan and want to watch the nascar races in HD next year.

Where are you? You will need an antenna attached to your HD receiver to get HD from FOX or NBC, at least for the time being. Check at www.antennaweb.org to see what type of antenna would be suggested for your zip code.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)