New to Sling Adapter

Hunter Mackenzie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 23, 2006
I just got the slingadapter for the 722 and had a few questions...first when watching on Dish Online I click on the my recordings tab it takes a few seconds to refresh but nothing is listed from my DVR?...Second question is are you able to watch in a window and the guide underneath that window? and lastly are you able to bring the on screen DISH guide up or any of the menu options?...

Thanks
Hunter

I just got the slingadapter for the 722 and had a few questions...first when watching on Dish Online I click on the my recordings tab it takes a few seconds to refresh but nothing is listed from my DVR?...Second question is are you able to watch in a window and the guide underneath that window? and lastly are you able to bring the on screen DISH guide up or any of the menu options?...

Thanks
Hunter

Hi Hunter, you should be able to see your recordings on the "My Recording" tab of your DVR. If not select "My Account" on top and see if your receiver is showing online. You do get the picture in a window and on the bottom are some menu options. Channel up or Down or Channel Number, to get the guide you would need to select guide on the top of the screen it will stop the streaming. I found the best way to get used to it is just to play with it. Good Luck and please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns, thank you!

I'm also a sling noob. I think I have it mostly figured out, but do have one issue. When the sling adapter is being used, the 722 it's installed on will not respond to the remote. Isn't TV1 supposed to operate independently, and the sling controls TV2? The 722 is in single mode.

I'm also a sling noob. I think I have it mostly figured out, but do have one issue. When the sling adapter is being used, the 722 it's installed on will not respond to the remote. Isn't TV1 supposed to operate independently, and the sling controls TV2? The 722 is in single mode.
Yes, the sling does utilize the TV2 but when you sling the receiver will go into dual mode. Try the swap button on the bottom left side of the remote and see if it changes the picture. There is a known issue with the sling adapter that it can sling on TV1 but it is rare. please let me know and if you are still having an issue, PM me your account information and I will take a look. Thank you!

The main TV does show what's on TV1, and the sling TV2. So it's not slinging TV1. But while slinging it's like the receiver is frozen to the channel that was tuned on TV1 before. The receiver doesn't respond to any buttons on the remote, including "swap".

I'll try putting the receiver into dual mode before slinging and see if that makes a difference. And the fix-all reboot. I'll let you know if that does anything for it.

Ok, I think I figured out what's happening. As you said Mary, when slinging the 722 switches to dual mode. I use the 21.0 remote in UHF normally for TV1 because the 722 is inside a cabinet. When in dual mode the 722 doesn't respond to the remote. I can change channels, etc with the buttons on the 722 but not the remote.

So maybe it's as simple as changing the remote address? I noticed they're both set to address 1 (TV1 & TV2). Or does the 722 need to see an I/R remote for TV1 while in dual mode?

Ok, I think I figured out what's happening. As you said Mary, when slinging the 722 switches to dual mode. I use the 21.0 remote in UHF normally for TV1 because the 722 is inside a cabinet. When in dual mode the 722 doesn't respond to the remote. I can change channels, etc with the buttons on the 722 but not the remote.

So maybe it's as simple as changing the remote address? I noticed they're both set to address 1 (TV1 & TV2). Or does the 722 need to see an I/R remote for TV1 while in dual mode?

You can use the 21.0 remote for TV1, you would just need to change that 2 to 1 on the bottom of the remote and readdress the remote. If you take the battery case off you should be able to just pull that out.

You can use the 21.0 remote for TV1, you would just need to change that 2 to 1 on the bottom of the remote and readdress the remote. If you take the battery case off you should be able to just pull that out.

That fixed the problem. For some reason I always thought if you switched that key on the bottom to 1, it would switch the remote to IR. Which wouldn't work for me since I don't have line of sight to the receiver.

Works great now. Thanks a bunch for the help!

That fixed the problem. For some reason I always thought if you switched that key on the bottom to 1, it would switch the remote to IR. Which wouldn't work for me since I don't have line of sight to the receiver.

Works great now. Thanks a bunch for the help!
I am glad we got it working correctly. Enjoy your sling!

...Dish Online I click on the my recordings tab it takes a few seconds to refresh but nothing is listed from my DVR...

Had it working before, but now I have this exact problem. Login fine, shows I have 722 w/Slingbox but nothing listed under recordings or timers or my rentals. Only option showing up is +Add Timer. On Demand works, Guide works, Live Tv works.

Clicking refresh does just says "Reloading DVR Contents", then blank, nothing listed.

Reset 722 network connection, nothing.
Hard reboot 722, nothing.
Login/Logout browser, nothing.
Tried Firefox & IE8, nothing.

Anyone have any suggestions???

EDIT: Just tested on Android phone and I can see my recordings just fine.

EDIT 2: Reboot PC fixed it!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)