New Tron : Legacy Trailer

Oh that looks awesome. Totally awesome. I just watched the original a few days ago on one of the HD premiums.

I know where I'll see it; the Navy Pier IMAX right after Christmas (just planned a trip to the city for after the holidays and this is definitely on the list!).

Hey All-
I'm actually working with Disney to help promote the film, so I love hearing all the positive feedback and excitement. Whenever there is something new released I'll try and get it to you guys first. In the meantime here's a great interview with Tron creator, Steven Lisberger, at Comic Con.

Hey All-
I'm actually working with Disney to help promote the film, so I love hearing all the positive feedback and excitement. Whenever there is something new released I'll try and get it to you guys first. In the meantime here's a great interview with Tron creator, Steven Lisberger, at Comic Con.

Thanks and :welcome to Satellite Guys! The film looks really good.

Thanks for the welcome, I appreciate it! Not sure if any of you all are fans of comics, but Marvel is going to be releasing a 128-page graphic novel that will bridge the gap from the 1st film to the 2nd film. You can check out the cover art, as well as a few more details here.

Well just got back from the midnight showing...

I have mixed feelings on the movie. As a movie standing on its own it does not stand out. As a sequel it is more interesting. It is a good sequel as far as staying with the original, but it would have been far better being released back in the late 80s. Just too much has been occomplished since the original Tron as far as computer graphics. The original Tron was interesting since it was one of the first movies shot on a green screen.

Another issue is that it has the 2D made 3D look to it. All the live action is barely better than cardboard cut outs. It looks like they tried the 3D conversion to make more bucks rather than shooting in 3D.

Bottom line is if you loved the first one this one is worth seeing. If you did not love it or see it, this one is just ho hum.

Rocky- Where did you find the original?

We're planning to see it in a couple hours at the local 3D IMAX.

Hey Disney pictures guy- We hate going to the theater as we have a home theater as do many of us posting here. BUT, we break down and go when something special is offered. Like IMAX 3D. Can't get that experience at home so keep up the good work offering something special in the theaters and we'll keep going! :) Oh, and thanks for joining Satelliteguys.us.

Didn't see it listed on HDNMovies but I'll be on the lookout for it. Netflix doesn't have it either. I had it on VHS but I think it got tossed out years ago.

Anyway, Just got back from seeing Tron Legacy in IMAX 3D and it was really good. No, it was Great! I think the story was easier to follow than the original. It was nice they did a good recap of the first movie in the beginning to bring the audience up to speed. The 3D effects were great and finally a sound system that is better than mine at home. A bit loud, however. They announced in the beginning it would be and the system was 12,000 watts. The only negative was the price at $12.50 for Sunday Matinee.

For people with 3D at home, this will be a buy. Afterwards I went to Blockbuster and saw Tron the game and the PS3 version is in 3D and Move compatible.

Just got back from the theater, it was about 1/2 full, one of probably 10 showings during the day, 2D version. I enjoyed it. I liked the story in the beginning. I was not certain about my thoughts of Young Flynn at first -- too reminiscent of Charles Xavier from X-Men III, but then I said, well he is supposed to be a program, so who cares if he looks a little creepy.

The film was fun, my son liked it, but did not see the original (I tried to get him to watch it with me today, but he had other plans), he was a bit confused at times, but enjoyed it. All in all, I was pleased I saw this on the big screen, and I'll probably get it on BD.

And I really enjoyed the beginning how they reconstructed the arcade and Flynn's office -- dang it was right out of the original set!

Fun film.

I did not hear anything good about the 3D, so I am going to see the 2D version at 6pm. But you'd expect that from me. ;) :D

My review:
Anyway, Just got back from seeing Tron Legacy in IMAX 3D and it was really good. No, it was Great! I think the story was easier to follow than the original. It was nice they did a good recap of the first movie in the beginning to bring the audience up to speed. The 3D effects were great and finally a sound system that is better than mine at home.

Reading comprehension problems? No, I didn't expect that from you. Of course if you're anti 3D then just say so! I will say that IMAX 3D was especially immersive and the combination of IMAX + 3D gives a synergism that is unparalleled in the home environment. This was a movie written and directed for IMAX 3D and to see the movie absent this part of the experience is not to experience all of the story.

Saw it today in the new imax theater here. Best 3D I've ever seen. And the sound...wow! Liked the movie much more than I thought I would. Highly recommended.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)