New TV PWM headaaches

ronton3

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 21, 2007
My Sony rear projector, is failing and I have tried a Vizio P series 4k LCD/LED and LG 6650 plasma, and both give me eyestrain headaches, though the plasma is not as bad. Does anyone have experience with this kind of headache and have a recommendation for a tv type that does not have this affect. Thanks ron

Look for a 60Hz. See if that helps. I was getting headaches when I first switched from a 60Hz to a 120Hz. Also, my perception was a kind of stutter effect with the picture, but once my eyes adjusted(2-3 weeks), the picture is much better now.

Apparently not I have tried several without much luck. Since I am a long time Dish and Sat Guys subscriber I was hoping someone might be helpful.

Apparently not I have tried several without much luck. Since I am a long time Dish and Sat Guys subscriber I was hoping someone might be helpful.
I think your particular predicament is well outside anybody's wheelhouse here. I suggest seeing an eye Dr. or at least your GP.

Last edited:
I was getting headaches but more from computer screen, than the tv. I use a 40 in monitor at my desk now, but I still can't use 17in laptop for more than a few hours. Doc gave me the dreaded bifocals this time, which are annoying if trying to watch tv from recliner or bed, but they have helped enormously with the headaches.

I actually wear bifocals for my regular viewing and have computer glasses for my monitor viewing. I spend enough time on the monitor to make that viable. No need to look up and down with bifocals when computing....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts