New TV - Remote 2 Won't Work

Kristi

Original poster
Jun 9, 2012
Sioux Falls
I installed a new Hitachi TV in my room yesterday and everything was working fine from connecting my old TV to the new. However, I got it up so late last night I never bothered to program the remote, but remote 2 worked. It just would not turn the TV on or off and the volume controls didn't work either. I was fine with that for the night because the Hitachi remote worked for those. Got up today and programmed the remote and now I have 4 channels and the rest say NO SIGNAL.

We have tried resetting both receivers and that hasn't worked either and somewhere in our efforts to fix the problem the TV in the kitchen now says "Thank You For Visiting. Check back again so for a new interactive experience". At one point all TV's were without signals, but I go the two big ones up and running again.

Currently the Dish 2 Remote can can turn the power on and off and adjust the volume, but not change the few channels I have on the Hitachi.

Any help would be appreciated to get my TV(s) up and running again.

Sounds like maybe you changed the input, or the channel you were using to send the signal to TV2.

At TV 1, push menu-menu. This brings up system info screen, while looking here, push channel up on TV 2 remote, does the blue TV at the bottom of the screen blink? If not then push the record button on TV 2 remote while pointing at receiver. If it does, then no problem with remote communicating with box unless something is throwing interference with the remotes signal.

To change remote address, hold down clear SAT button til all clear buttons light up, then push 4, then #, then record while pointing at receiver. Address 4 seems to work best for me for long distances or overly thick walls.

Go to TV 1 and push menu-6-1-5. This will tell you what channel tv2 should be on.

If it is set to air CH 60. Try 60 and 116 (116 being the alternative if TV is in cable mode instead of antenna)
If it is set to cable CH 73. Try 73 and 22 (22 being alternative if its in antenna mode and not cable)

When you lost signal did you get a box on screen with a 3 digit number in top right? 002, 015, or 535? If not, then it wasn't box losing signal, it was TV on incorrect input.

sperry85 - Thank you so much!! You instructions solved the problem for all the TV's. I should have posted sooner. I have been dinking around with TV remotes, Dish Network guides, all freaking day. What a waste of a day, but thanks to you all the TVs are working. I'm going to enjoy a cold beverage and finish up the TV wall tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts