New TV Suggestions

sonic2000

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 26, 2004
North Carolina
Went to CC tonight with the wife to get her a new mouse, after which she started looking a tv's and said "If you get one I like that one (Samsung LN-T 5271F) or that one (Samsung FP-T5084)". Totally stunned :eek: I said I would research further then decide. I then ask her why she liked those two best out of everything CC had. Her reply "They had the sharpest picture and the best color". I'm not in any hurry to buy, and probably won't buy one until after the first of the year. Any opinions or suggestions appreciated. I'm still in shock that she gave me free rein to get a new tv! :D

Head to Sam's club and take a look at the Vizio line, I know that myself and several other members have one and for me its been a great tv that makes non HD look great.

You should post this in the tv area. Personally I would not have a Vizio... and that is personal preference. Last year my son took his hard earned money and got a Samsung 50" DLP. We have an older Toshiba Cinema Series. We are now looking to get a new Samsung to replace it. The Samsung is a beautiful set.

Depends on if money is a factor. If you don't mind spending more, you'll probably not want to look at Vizio.

If you want the best bang for a cheap buck, Vizio isn't bad. I have a 37" Vizio LCD I got at Sams because I wanted an inexpensive TV for a room we don't use every day. i think the picture is fine.

I also have a 61" Samsung DLP which I quite enjoy as well.

Depends on if money is a factor. If you don't mind spending more, you'll probably not want to look at Vizio.

If you want the best bang for a cheap buck, Vizio isn't bad. I have a 37" Vizio LCD I got at Sams because I wanted an inexpensive TV for a room we don't use every day. i think the picture is fine.

I also have a 61" Samsung DLP which I quite enjoy as well.

For anyone who is looking at Vizio you may want to look at the
hdguru.com site and this article
Your New Disposable Flat Panel HDTV » HDGURU.Com
He has some very interesting things to say about service of certain TVs.

haha

i just purchased a 42" 1080p Sylanvia LCD panel to use in my THX training classes. I was going to use this panel as a example of what not to design / engineer. It was $799? on Black Friday at Sears. I was very surprised at how good the image was. The thing that I was most impressed with was the viewing angle. It is advertised as 178 degrees (or something like that) and it actually was.

For $799-1299 this is a great display. Head and shoulders above any of the other budget stuff that I have seen.

FWIW,

Gregg

Wow! Coming from Gregg Loewen, that' a huge complement!

Gregg, just curious, what were the main problem areas when you tried to calibrate it?

I thought it was a great deal on that set, but the brand name stopped me from even looking at it...

When I was looking for my first HDTV I was looking at them all and the salesman said one was just as good as a Sony I bought the Sony, but let your wallet be your guide.

You should post this in the tv area. Personally I would not have a Vizio... and that is personal preference. Last year my son took his hard earned money and got a Samsung 50" DLP. We have an older Toshiba Cinema Series. We are now looking to get a new Samsung to replace it. The Samsung is a beautiful set.

Agreed. I love my Samsung.... Looks great - on or off.

So with all the HDTV's to pick from today. What is the Good but cheap one. Looking for a 32-37in.
I am just looking for advice on what everyone has. Do you have an HDTV in that size range? Do you like it, hate it, or well worth the money.