New Upgrade: what is it, please?

mattardo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 14, 2004
The last time my receiver was upgraded, I was forced to receive the annoying Movies on Demand option, which now makes me go through another button press to acess my DVR recordings. Perhaps SOME people like to purchase movies that they can only watch for a few days, but I do not, and will never. And it wastes hard drive space with movies it thinks I will watch. Well, regardless, I immediately selected Ask For Permission for Downloads, after I discovererd from the kind folks at DIsh that the Movies Demand upgrade could not be removed. This morning I see there is an upgrade available. Before I download some new Atari Games on Demand or Soap Opera Daily on Demand or whatever is Dishe's hoped-to-be new entertainment mecca, I would like to know what it is. Any replies would be most appreciated and please disregard my jaded outlook. With child-like coddling, it will pass.

I forgot, I have a Dish 100 hour 500 series, can't remember which model..probably the 510. Thanks. I know that upgrades go to different receievers at different times (but not name-based recording...bad 510 owners...BAD!).

again just my guess here, but it could be the new weather channel features on the dish home, there is a first look of it at the top of the dishnetwork forum here.

THank you for your reply. I will read it. Hopefully there will be no new features that impair my reciever's relative ease of use.

Look for Release Notes that are posted for the receiver you have. They will tell you what has been added or changed.

Release notes have not been posted. This update was released yesterday to some receivers (Partial Phase) not all receivers so wait a few days until Scott can get his hand on the Release Notes.

I see an upgrade coming later this week which will be L3.63.

The only fix listed is "Announcements Reset fix" but I have no idea what that means.

Thank you. It tried to do it this morning when I turned on the receiever. I canceled it until I found out more information.

The new one is P3.63 and unfortunately we're all guinea pigs when it comes to software testing.

10/03/2006: 1100 Software Version P3.63 for DP501/508/510

Effective Wednesday, October 4th, Engineering plans to spool a PARTIAL PHASE of software version P3.63 for the DP501/508/510 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.
At this time P3.60 and P3.63 will be the valid software versions for the DP501/508/510.

Don't wanna be guinea pig. Wanna know details as to my demise. :tux: Quack! I'm a penguin. Not a guinea pig. Though you can't spell guinea pig without "penguin". Yuck yuck yuck!

mattardo said:
Don't wanna be guinea pig. Wanna know details as to my demise.

Good luck blocking them...when Dish is ready for you to have it, you won't be able to stop it permanently. :up

DWS44, join me! And together we shall rule the Pro Penguin Anti Guinea Pig revolution as father and son! Down with the pigs! :hungry: We shall feast on them! Charlie Ergen never told you what happened to your father, did he? :tux: is your father....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts