New Version APV1

AKGolf

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 28, 2008
Edmond, OK
They've added a Sling option under system settings, it allows you to set the output to SD or HD.

Unfortunately I can't connect to the internet now. I'm able to connect with my other receivers, just not the 922.

Last edited:
Its strange...

The broadband setup reports 0's for my IP address, however all internet functions are working. I am also even able to connect to the Slingbox from remote (however when I press select on the screen saver it does nothing)

I see we got a game "Smack a mole" which is to help people to learn how to use the touchpad better.

I do think the 922 needs a copy of Solitare.

Anyone figure out how to sync a Dish 21.0 remote to the 922 yet? I hear it can be done but haven't figured out how to do it.

Forgive me if this has been asked, but does the 922 let you watch OTA channels on TV2? Doesn't the 722k let you do you this also?

I've had both my 722 and 922 connected the same way for quite a while. Both are directly connected to an external home plug unit and the home plug software says both are HD quality. The 722 is fine and I had no issues until the latest version.

Scott on your broadband setup screen even though it doesn't show an ip address, is your indicator green or red? Mine is red.

Scott on your broadband setup screen even though it doesn't show an ip address, is your indicator green or red? Mine is red.

My indicator light is red. I have no sling connection at all local or remote. I have not tried web browser or MSNBC news. Sling.com shows that reciever "Not Online". My icons do shuffell into the disolay now instead of all appearing at once. Looks more like slow response when going in to the menu then a GUI effect.

Anyone figure out how to sync a Dish 21.0 remote to the 922 yet? I hear it can be done but haven't figured out how to do it.

I heard that the remote uses a much higher freq (2.4 Ghz I think) than the IR/UHF Pro freq that the other Dish remotes use. So I don't think you will be able to sync it. :(

Mine is RED and says not connected, however I am able to do all the internet stuff plus watch Sling from remote.

I got to say I am VERY impressed with the updates we have been getting, with the way the updates have been going they could very well get this unit out in the next few weeks.

Mine is RED and says not connected, however I am able to do all the internet stuff plus watch Sling from remote.

I got to say I am VERY impressed with the updates we have been getting, with the way the updates have been going they could very well get this unit out in the next few weeks.

I've tried the internet and no go. Is your 922 connected by Dishcomm and maybe getting the connection there?

Did you set the 922 to output Sling in HD and is it any better?

Looks like we got another software update last night APW1. The internet stuff is all fixed and is working properly but havent tried watching Sling since getting the update.

With the other software I set it to HD for the Sling but still was getting SD from the Sling with only 4x3 output and the sides of 16 x 9 programs cut off.

Looks like we got another software update last night APW1. The internet stuff is all fixed and is working properly but havent tried watching Sling since getting the update.

With the other software I set it to HD for the Sling but still was getting SD from the Sling with only 4x3 output and the sides of 16 x 9 programs cut off.

Got the new software, but still no internet. I'll try again tomorrow.

Still have APW1 but noticed something different tonight...

Dish Sports is gone from the Menu and Smash-A-Mole has taken its place.

Also noticed the other day Closed captioning is now working. :)

Is the Ethernet not having a connection a bug or authorization problem, leading us into another fee "Ethernet connectivity fee". They will not charge for sling but there is a connection fee to access your Ethernet port. I hope this is not the case but Dish has been known to nickel and dime us to death.

There will be a number of fixes in next weeks release, the UI will be changed slightly to work with the 32.0 remote. Also Sling should be improved. (Note the HD SD Sling selection currently does not do anything, its a placeholder for a future release.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)