New VIP Receivers Vs. "Old HD Receivers"

richiephx

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 1, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
How many subscribers still have the "old" MPEG2-HD receivers as compared to those subscribers who upgraded to the "new" VIP HD receivers. Does anyone know the stats? Just curious.

How many subscribers still have the "old" MPEG2-HD receivers as compared to those subscribers who upgraded to the "new" VIP HD receivers. Does anyone know the stats? Just curious.

The reason why I ask this is to determine if/when E* will convert all the other HD channels to MPEG4 since they had success with the 6 they converted last week. Since they can offer more HD channels on a single transponder and provide a comparable or improved picture with half the bandwidth, one would think that, they would want to upgrade the people with the old hd receivers if the number of subscribers with the new VIP receivers far-outnumbered the subscribers with the old MPEG2 HD receivers. Majority rules?

I switched both my 942's with 622's so for HD I'm all MPEG 4 now, but I also have a 322 (non-HD MPEG2 receiver).

I have 2 mpeg4 vip 622 dvrs on my 1st account. I have a 625 dvr on 2nd account and a 501 dvr on my third account. It will be harder to upgrade the 625 and the 501 since my parents and aunt pay the bill on those. THey don't care about hd and if you have the hd receivers you either take the hd pack or pay the hd enabeling fee - both not needed on two sd tvs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)