New VIP211 just ordered from Dish

jnconsult

Original poster
Dec 21, 2005
I just got off the phone with Dish rep and they are sending me a VIP211 upgrade for $50. It's a lease with 1 year commitment, and I must return an old receiver, I had a 2800 not being used. Supposedly as of Feb 1 will be able to access the entire 25-channel DishHD lineup, including ABC, NBC, FOX, and CBS from NY, for no extra monthly cost, (already pay $115.54). At first the rep had no idea what I was talking about but I kept referring to the press release of Jan 5, 2006:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=68854&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=801106&highlight=

After being put on hold several times, he finally figured it out.

jnconsult, How did you get it with you being a customer already with it saying that for new lease customers only?

I kept stressing the press release which stated Dish "will offer a convenient upgrade package for existing customers who want to expand their HD lineup to include the new channels".

Thanks for the reply so quickly and I hope fully will get one to.I'm gonna try.Make sure you don't get the 811 that's what they are telling me now that they can still ship you the 811, so be careful that you don't get it when you receive the receiver that it's not the 811.The person I talked to said go to my local retailer and ask for it to make sure that I get the 211 or 411.Let us know which receiver you get.They told me there's no guarantee which receiver you'll get right now unless you get it from your local retailer.Your local retailer has them in stock now.

Last edited:
jnconsult said:
I just got off the phone with Dish rep and they are sending me a VIP211 upgrade for $50. It's a lease with 1 year commitment, and I must return an old receiver, I had a 2800 not being used. Supposedly as of Feb 1 will be able to access the entire 25-channel DishHD lineup, including ABC, NBC, FOX, and CBS from NY, for no extra monthly cost, (already pay $115.54). At first the rep had no idea what I was talking about but I kept referring to the press release of Jan 5, 2006:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=68854&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=801106&highlight=

After being put on hold several times, he finally figured it out.
hello i have called them and talk to adv cust support cost me $50.00 to return the 811 with that ra number very nice lady help me out they are send me 411 or 211 i hope they make a mistake and send me the 622 instead

jnconsult said:
for no extra monthly cost, (already pay $115.54)..

When you remove your current HD and Voom pack it's gonna cost you $5 more. The new Dish HD packs are $20 on top of the AT pack you choose (which to get the new HD you must switch and do)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts