New vip722 is installed and I can't be happier!!!

EmpireState

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
Just upgraded from a very old DVR and an old 811 HD receiver to the vip722 and I am totally blown away. I was ready for this thing to suck having read a few negative posts, but it is as if Dish spent the past 5 years listening to all my complaints and designed the perfect receiver for me.

Seriously, if you're sitting on the fence for fear of not liking the equipment like I was, go for it. The time is now.

I only have 2 negative comments about the 722. I don't like the partial zoom as much as my television's partial zoom. And, is there any way to remove the status bar from the bottom of the screen after you hit the pause button? Some people actually pause the picture to see something on the screen, not to go to the bathroom. This thing takes up 1/5 of the screen.

Complaints aside, I'm really enjoying the upgrade. Love the new channels, guides, Picture quality, features, speed, usability, everything is excellent.

Vip722 FTW.

Last edited:
Try hitting the * key on the bottom left of your remote to change zoom levels.

One thing you can do to get rid of the status bar when paused is hit pause then tap the skip back button once.

I love my 3 622's. Out of my cold dead hands they will be taken (Unless Dish does some major voodoo on the next gen :) )

Congrats on the 722! The Dish Rocks and glad things worked out for you..

Bob Dylan's Theme Time Radio Hr on E*

Help understanding coax run on multi-room system

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts