New Voom Subscriber(maybe)

cdprayor

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 16, 2004
I am currently a cox digital cable subscriber for 6 months.Before I was a Dtv sub.I purchased a Phillips hd 43" tv last year vut have never been able to enjoy it due to the lack of hd ch's here.Cox doesn't even have them yet in my area and I couldn't afford an hd receiver from dtv.Voom seems to be the way to go for me and just rent the receiver.What info can you guys give me on this and what should I expect with it.Quality versus digital cable?Thanks and great forum!! :confused:

cdprayor,

welcome. You can't go wrong with VOOM. Sign up before 5/31. Lease the equipment and see for yourself. If you don't like it, cancel it. Most people here will tell you to go for it if you want HD and go for the VAVAVOOM package if you want 35 HD channels! Quality is outstanding!

Provided you have good line of sight to the satellite at 61.5, now is the time to order Voom. Free installation, and the equipment rental is only $9.50 per month. There is no commitment if you sign up before the end of this month.

Quality of digital cable without HD content versus digital satellite with over 30 HD channels??? The non-HD channels are going to be comparable to what you have with Cox, but I'm sure you would like to see HD on your HD television. Install Voom and keep Cox, then compare for yourself. If you don't think Voom is worth it, tell them to come get their stuff and stick with cable. There is no fee to cancel.

Thanks for all the info guys.I will have to get an additional receiver for my kids room and I think with just the voom pakage it will run me $70 a month.Wish I could get the va va voom but too much $$$.Can you order ppv's with voom?I haven't read where you could.If I order online how long do you think befor ethey can install it?I know I will have to tell the installer to bring a big antenna because I live 45 miles from any locals.Thanks again guys :D

cdprayor said:
Thanks for all the info guys.I will have to get an additional receiver for my kids room and I think with just the voom pakage it will run me $70 a month.Wish I could get the va va voom but too much $$$.Can you order ppv's with voom?I haven't read where you could.If I order online how long do you think befor ethey can install it?I know I will have to tell the installer to bring a big antenna because I live 45 miles from any locals.Thanks again guys :D

no PPV yet. If you are going to have more than one additional receiver is better to order at the initial installation since it is free; if you decide to order later one it will be $199 installation. PPV will be coming. It is better to call them; right now expect at least two weeks for installation.

If your COX cable is the same as it is here then you can get only 6 HD channels and your digital stations begin after station 100. 1-100 are analog!

Thats my big turn off with digital cable.They don't even offer hd here yet and the cost of it is cazy for 6 ch's

additional receivers

Sean Mota said:
no PPV yet. If you are going to have more than one additional receiver is better to order at the initial installation since it is free; if you decide to order later one it will be $199 installation. PPV will be coming. It is better to call them; right now expect at least two weeks for installation.

A lot of this pricing and cost is not real clear to me yet.
I wan't sure about a first receiver, so I didn't order a second one. I thought the $199 was if you wanted to buy the second receiver as opposed to renting it, only costing you $5 a month extra instead of an additonal $9.95 a month to rent one. There is also an additonal $199 fee to install a second receiver? That seems like a lot for what should be a much simpler installation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)