VOOM Continues Marketing - Gaining New Subscribers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
r.jones1116 said:
The last number I saw was 40,000+. It will probably be 50K by end of February and when new channels are added all you naysayers will be eating crow.
Where did you see the 40k number? No source I have seen has placed Voom that high at any time. Enlighten us!

JL

It was here on this site. I believe TVOS (I think that's his username) who apparently is a Sat installer said he thought it was more like 50K based on his installs. He stated that he has been doing more Voom installs than D* and Dish. If I got the username wrong, I apologize.

I, for one, hate to give justaluker any credit, but he is right about that no official figure has been released since the end of September. The 40,000 is a guess from some who are inside but no official number has been released. I think someone said that the official number would not come out until the middle of this month for period ending December 31, 2004

r.jones1116 said:
... apparently is a Sat installer said he thought it was more like 50K based on his installs.
Oh. I guess he could have installed 24k subs. :D

September numbers were released November 9th - with that spread the December numbers are due in about a week. Not too long to forget.
CABLEVISION SYSTEMS CORP /NY filed this 10-Q on 11/09/2004
Pg I-27

The principal challenge for this business is to attract a sufficient subscriber base to reach and exceed a break-even point and to do so with subscriber acquisition and other costs that are within its funding capabilities. There can be no assurance that it will be able to meet this challenge.

As of September 30, 2004, this business had approximately 26,000 activated customers. In the period from June through September 2004, there was a slow down in the rate at which Rainbow DBS added new customers. The business has also experienced an increase in customer deactivations. As a result, Rainbow DBS experienced a reduction in the number of subscribers from July to September 2004.
My emphasis added. It would have to be quite a turn around to nearly double the subscriber number in three months. I believe the actions of January 20th clearly telegraph the success of their efforts.

JL

justalurker said:
I believe the actions of January 20th clearly telegraph the success of their efforts.

JL

Don't bet on that. Boards are not prevy to the day to day operations of the companies they lead. They only delt with the information that was provided at the time and the pressure from Wall Street to do something. New information can change things alot. The board itself has not approved the specific deal with Cablevision. Also I wonder when the annual meeting of Stockholders will be. That could be very interesting. Time-Warner is not out of the picture yet for buying all of Cablevision.

gutter said:
Don't bet on that. Boards are not prevy to the day to day operations of the companies they lead. They only delt with the information that was provided at the time and the pressure from Wall Street to do something. New information can change things alot.

Your assumption would mean that Dolan Sr. would have been so incompetent as to not use a doubling of subscribers in three months to defend his position. Your speculation lacks rational logic and ventures into wishful fantasy.

NightRyder

NightRyder said:
Your assumption would mean that Dolan Sr. would have been so incompetent as to not use a doubling of subscribers in three months to defend his position. Your speculation lacks rational logic and ventures into wishful fantasy.

NightRyder[/QUOTE

Don't even understand what you are trying to say. Subs didn't double in 3 months and he can't lie to the board.

Cynicism

What is it with some of the members of SatelliteGuys.US who maintain an arrogant, caustic, callous, juvenile nature criticizing what ever seems to come their way? Do you derive actual pleasure through your actions?

It’s just sickening to hear the constant drone of nay-sayers. To what purpose do your baseless accusations serve? Analyze what the challenges are before stepping into the arena. There is nothing wrong with a healthy exchange of ideas, chastising another individual for their views is another.

The frequencies and orbital positions are assets of the American people. Echostar has been denied at least two major attempts at expanding its empire and position. It is, in the best interest of the American public, to have Mr. Charles Dolan, or any other individual and/or entity to facilitate VOOM DBS continued operation.

The two IPO’s issued in an attempt to spin off VOOM DBS were written in a manner as to be counter productive in their cause. Read Them!

This whole misadventure has so many twists and turns, it truly reads as if it is a piece of fiction presented as a Wall Street novel.

If you really think the American public would benefit by this transaction, then say so. I don’t see a position of devil’s advocate here; I see chastising. As a matter of fact all I see is a lack of understanding of the issue at hand, manners, social skills, and simple human compassion and understanding. You and others do not have a license to chastise others based on your assumptions. There is an acceptable and unacceptable means of social intercourse. Which will you chose?

There is a wealth of information at your disposal. Use it. Research what you find discomforting about these issues and arm yourself with facts and not just assumptions.

You may ask yourself, how does one acquire so much information on a subject? I for one use a feature of Google to allow me to have all subject related material containing a single word and/or groups of words to be identified and then instantaneously notify the user as to the subject matter, title and link. And, it continues to scour the Internet for articles related to the subject until I elect it not to.

Once the issue of VOOM DBS became forefront news I have been reading almost everything that comes my way. The aforementioned is just one of the many methods I utilize to collect and decipherer information.

I sincerely hope you will reevaluate your mindset.

Thank-you, KnightRyder.

I'm a healthcare professional and I often am amazed at the incredible wordiness of many of my colleagues. Concise and clear writing is a skill that many need to develope. I forwarded your links to a few of my colleagues. One can only hope they follow them and read them.

Again, thank-you.

By the way, I'm still enjoying every minute I can of VOOM. Whatever happens (and nobody knows exactly what will transpire over the coming months) I'm a VOOM evangelical until the end (so-to-speak).

Really a cheap shot Nightrider. Is that short enough?

David Dietzel said:
By the way, I'm still enjoying every minute I can of VOOM. Whatever happens (and nobody knows exactly what will transpire over the coming months) I'm a VOOM evangelical until the end (so-to-speak).

Thanks David, I hope something positive comes out of this for you and all the Voom congregation :) . Cablevision needs to step up and provide definitive information on their plans and put all these rumors and speculations to rest.

NightRyder

NightRyder said:
Thanks David, I hope something positive comes out of this for you and all the Voom congregation :) . Cablevision needs to step up and provide definitive information on their plans and put all these rumors and speculations to rest.

NightRyder

I agree with your conclusion and most VOOM'rs would also.

I don't know what the numbers are but I can tell you working for the distributor that supplies dealers in FL sales have skyrocketed. To be fair, this is just my little bubble I have information on but thought I might share.

Bransmart 2/2/05

I JUST CAME FROM THE STORE AND , SALESMAN SAID THAT THEY BEEN SELLING VOOM SYSTEMSS LIKE CRAZY WITH THE REBATE PROGRAM , :cool:

I LOOKED AROUND FOR 2 HOURS AND ITS TRUE IN 2 HOURS THEY SOLD 12 VOOM :) NEW SYSTEMS TO BE INSTALL BY SUPERBOWL SUNDAY...WOW :eek:
COMPARE TO 1 D* :mad: AND 4 E* :mad:

IAM :shocked

SAWGRASS MALL , SUNRISE , SOUTH FLORIDA :D

RUBEN SENDEREY said:
I JUST CAME FROM THE STORE AND , SALESMAN SAID THAT THEY BEEN SELLING VOOM SYSTEMSS LIKE CRAZY WITH THE REBATE PROGRAM , :cool:

I LOOKED AROUND FOR 2 HOURS AND ITS TRUE IN 2 HOURS THEY SOLD 12 VOOM :) NEW SYSTEMS TO BE INSTALL BY SUPERBOWL SUNDAY...WOW :eek:
COMPARE TO 1 D* :mad: AND 4 E* :mad:

IAM :shocked

SAWGRASS MALL , SUNRISE , SOUTH FLORIDA :D
Funny Stuff if you ask me....gotta wonder what VOOM is really doing... :eek:

"Thanks David, I hope something positive comes out of this for you and all the Voom congregation . Cablevision needs to step up and provide definitive information on their plans and put all these rumors and speculations to rest. NightRyder"

Let me get this straight...

KnightRyder isn't even a Voom client? Echostar - Examine his posts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)