New way to get rid of snow on your dish

Tony S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Hills of Eastern CT
I just saw a new product for removing/preventing snow on your dish and I thought I would pass this along to our members. The product is called liquid snow shovel and it melts/prevents snow build up. They packaged a special product for satellite dishes called Dish Shot.

I have never used it, but it looks like it has potential to actually work!

http://www.asinnovations.com/liquid-snow-shovel/salt-snow-ice-liquid-8

This is what I did to get rid of snow.
welcome-to-california-crp.jpg

And how often does it need to be reapplied? My dish is on the edge of the roof, 2 stories up. I loose signal maybe once a year due to heavy wet snow.
Doesn't sound practicle to me.

I'm staying right here in upstate NY. You can always put on more clothes in winter. You can only take offg so much in summer. Even if you are in a nudist colony!

Reactions: tthomps
We escaped California in 1990. I was born & raised there. Both of my parents were born in Los Angeles. We have no desire to move back even though most of my family still lives there.

Reactions: navychop
Looks like the same thing that they sell in the can, it was around 5-6 years ago and may still, can't remember the name, I had some for awhile, didn't do much good, got rid of it.

The black coated reflectors will absorb heat from the sun faster to melt the snow but if you wish to avoid it sticking to it as much go pick yourself up a can of polyurethane spray for outdoors if you can find it and spray that sucker to a nice slick surface. I painted my whole pole, disk and reflector (not the LNB eyes) all camo with a slick layer of polyurethane from spray applied to mine and not only is it hard to see next to a bush I have but it also doesn't collect snow very well vs normal dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)