New world of DATV on 2, 4, "UK only" 6, and 10 meters bands using HEVC codecs!

N5XZS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2005
Albuquerque, NM, USA
Wow, now they are sending 576i 25 FPs using HEVC codes by sending at 333 KBs at + or - 150 KHz total bandwith!!:eek:

The BATC"s forums is full of information on VHF low bands DATV transmissions. Now the big question is that legal in the USA to operate digital fast scan TV below 420 MHz band?

I could send a live HEVC video in 480i 30 or p 60 FPs, maybe some day in 720p 60 FPs.

Here's the link and see what you think of it?:):hungry:cool:

Would that be fun shooting skip via E-skips with DATV signals on 6 meter band!!:clapping

Reactions: Jim S.
Just at a quick glance I don't see anything about 10 meters. I doubt it would come across the ocean with enough fidelity to decode, but you never know.

Reactions: N5XZS
Here's the youtube video showing how DATV works! :)

Just need to look for a really good software encoder that will handle MPEG4, HEVC or better codecs that will be use for narrow band DATV on longer wavelength bands, however our U.S. ham OPS, are stuck to 70 Cm and shorter wavelength band using 100 KBs and up. Unfortunately on 6, 2 and 1.2 Meter bands are restricted to 19.2 KBs thanks to outdated FCC rules and sadly to say proposed increase data bit rate has been stalled for couple of years now.:rolleyes::p

in EU, they are on the air using DATV on 6, 4, and 2 meter bands low as 100 KHz wide mostly on HEVC modes or even better so they are way ahead of us!:):hungry

Check out BATC.org for any latest Europe DATV news!:hatsoff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts