Rt news (Russian
Euronews
Eurochannel- foreign movies
Erbu- news USA - movies
24- Indian news channel.

You can get some of these on Roku for
Free
But the quality on dish is much better.
Highly recommended if you like diverse programming.

Guessing once again Dish is insisting on having an international package to get it. I probably wouldn't get this one, but still want the News pack.

If Dish can add "BBC World News" to this pack, they can count me subscribing to this package.

Guessing once again Dish is insisting on having an international package to get it. I probably wouldn't get this one, but still want the News pack.

Yep, I had to subscribe to French Monde channel(9.99)
in order to get world pack.
Dish squeezes you a bit on this one.

vdsz said:
If Dish can add "BBC World News" to this pack, they can count me subscribing to this package.

I think Dish could have put BBC World News at the channel number where CNBC World (a dropped AT250 channel) used to be.

After the install, can you drop the french ch and keep the World pack?
I was wondering the same thing. I don't know if a DIRT member later drops the French channel, if there is any control in not dropping the World or News pack. We would really like one of them, can't quite swallow paying $10 for a channel we can't understand to get them........ There are a couple of other low cost qualifying channels but same problem, not in a language I know. It's worth repeating, those packs are all in English, there really seems like no reason they can't be sold....
The DIRT member I was working with trying to get these at that time said he already has several requests for the packages.

Eurochannel moved again? Three years ago it was a separate subscription ($10 per month); next it was $20 per month; and most recently it has been part of the French language package (also $20 per month). Seemed strange to be subscribing to a channel in the French language pack that lately has been showing mainly Polish movies.

I enjoy the channel; everything they show has English subtitles, and they bounce around, showing films and TV shows from Denmark, Germany, France, Poland, Italy, and occasionally from other European countries as well (no British stuff however). I will continue subscribing to the French language pack to get it because French-language TV5 Monde shows most of its movies with English subtitles as well, and these are movies you will never see on DVD or on any other channel, some good, some not so good.

It is a shame that World Pack is only on 118.7 where not everyone can get it. Maybe one of these days Dish will launch another international satellite in a different part of the sky. Or, here's a thought, they could offer World Pack separately as a premium package, on EA and WA. With all the channels they have dropped over the last year (Smithsonian, Shorts, Fashion TV, Disney and ESPN, New York sports channels, and now AMC, Sundance, WE, and IFC), they must have plenty of space available on their regular satellites.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)