New Xbox 360 Controller May Poach Nintendo's Wii Market

MS is feeling the heat after dropping behind the PS3 in sales. I don't think this is the answer as there are certainly a number of more significant reasons casual gamers opt for a Wii over a 360, including price and marketing buzz generated by high demand and (artificial?) shortages. New game prices are cheaper too, and if you're a "casual" gamer, price is a huge factor.

As a new casual gamer, I had been hoping to get a Wii, but couldn't be hassled with tracking one down and opted for a PS3 when they dropped to $399 because of the BD playback. Unfortunately, my game options aren't near what it would be if I got a Wii, though I don't regret my purchase.

I don't think this is the answer as there are certainly a number of more significant reasons casual gamers opt for a Wii over a 360
I don't think it will be the answer either. The 6-axis on the PS3 pretty much has the same motion functionality as the wiimote, but is hardly used.

Personally I wish the wii would use a gamecube controller more, such as with Sonic Riders II where you can choose between the wiimote or gamecube controller.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)