New Xbox 360 Controller May Poach Nintendo's Wii Market

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
MS is feeling the heat after dropping behind the PS3 in sales. I don't think this is the answer as there are certainly a number of more significant reasons casual gamers opt for a Wii over a 360, including price and marketing buzz generated by high demand and (artificial?) shortages. New game prices are cheaper too, and if you're a "casual" gamer, price is a huge factor.

As a new casual gamer, I had been hoping to get a Wii, but couldn't be hassled with tracking one down and opted for a PS3 when they dropped to $399 because of the BD playback. Unfortunately, my game options aren't near what it would be if I got a Wii, though I don't regret my purchase.

I don't think this is the answer as there are certainly a number of more significant reasons casual gamers opt for a Wii over a 360
I don't think it will be the answer either. The 6-axis on the PS3 pretty much has the same motion functionality as the wiimote, but is hardly used.

Personally I wish the wii would use a gamecube controller more, such as with Sonic Riders II where you can choose between the wiimote or gamecube controller.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)