New Years Resolutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only problem i have w/ resolutions is that there isnt a driving force behind them. Thats why people give up so fast. For example someone says there going to lose weight, they go to the gym everyday for a month after that they slowly get to busy and then stop. I quit smoking weed drivin force=panic attacks when i was coming down... quit drinking driving force= made a deal w/ a friend she quit cutting i quit drinking. Things like that keep you on your deal/ resolution.

Last edited:
Get back to shape (lose weight-back to some dojo-better diet), full medical checkup, learn/speak Spanish without bigger glitches :D and perhaps finally save enough money to put down for a house... ah and look after that goddamn everlasting citizenship application... :D

sA :: Shaggy said:
The only problem i have w/ resolutions is that there isnt a driving force behind them. Thats why people give up so fast. For example someone says there going to lose weight, they go to the gym everyday for a month after that they slowly get to busy and then stop. I quit smoking weed drivin force=panic attacks when i was coming down... quit drinking driving force= made a deal w/ a friend she quit cutting i quit drinking. Things like that keep you on your deal/ resolution.

That's due to lack of power, weak personal will. If you have a strong character and will, you can make it. In fact, when you're doing it, your character is getting stronger by standing the challenge. :)
When I decided I'll quit smoking on one of my birthdays, I did it next day and I never smoked a cigarette ever since again (now ~4 years).

T2k said:
That's due to lack of power, weak personal will. If you have a strong character and will, you can make it. In fact, when you're doing it, your character is getting stronger by standing the challenge. :)
When I decided I'll quit smoking on one of my birthdays, I did it next day and I never smoked a cigarette ever since again (now ~4 years).
Thats not for eveyone, I have the power, I have quit doing a lot of things w/ out a driving force, But think back about people. Go to the gym for the first week after new years its packed. Come back every couple weeks theres less and less.

I was hooked on pain pills for about 4 years and I finally decided that I needed help with my addiction. I have been sober now for 2 years and 9 months. Going to college and got my life back on track. It was the hardest thing I ever tried to do but without my girlfriend I would have never made it. She gave me love and support when I felt like using again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)