new yellow cards

rsebolt

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 2, 2004
I got in the mail today a new yellow card for my dish 7200.

I spent some time trying to install it and then called for support.

They ended up saying the new yellow card was defective and overnighted me another yellow card.

Luckily, my old blue card still worked in the meantime.

So today I get my new yellow card and try to install with no luck.
So I called for support.
They said I wasn't supposed to be upgraded yet and to send it back.

Hm, you'd think they would have found that out yesterday when I called originally. Glad they waste postage, time and effort for this.

I am less and less impressed with Dish every year. Good thing I am so apathetic to change.

Well, I had the opposite. They threatened to turn me off because I hadn't installed the yellow cards I never received for my 508 and 4900.

rsebolt said:
I got in the mail today a new yellow card for my dish 7200.

I spent some time trying to install it and then called for support.

They ended up saying the new yellow card was defective and overnighted me another yellow card.

Luckily, my old blue card still worked in the meantime.

So today I get my new yellow card and try to install with no luck.
So I called for support.
They said I wasn't supposed to be upgraded yet and to send it back.

Hm, you'd think they would have found that out yesterday when I called originally. Glad they waste postage, time and effort for this.

I am less and less impressed with Dish every year. Good thing I am so apathetic to change.
i got my yellow card for my 7200 right after the olympics, i called put it in and it said wrong smartcard inserted, the csr said that was fine just turn off receiver for 30 minutes and it will work, to my surprise the 7200 does function correctly with a yellow card

thiggin2 said:
Hmm never got nothing for my 301 yet.

How old are your 301(s)? Mine are just over two years old. I wouldn't worry about it, they'll be sending them when they get around to it. NOTE: It wasn't hard to switch them, just had to make sure I had the right card for the right receiver, called the number and that was it.

My two dishplayers did not want to work with the yellow cards. My 4900 took it fine. After "10 minute" listings downloads screens that froze 60% of the way through. I did several soft and hard power reboots. One of them was fixed after the overnight download. The second gave me a new smartcard detected screen and a phone number to call to activate (I had already activated it online and it wouldn't let me do it again). Called the CSRs three times (after they each told me to wait 15 minutes and try again) --- same New Smart card detected screen kept coming up. All buttons unresponsive except "Options" which showed me the show I should have been watching on the channel it was last tuned to with a countdown timer to the end of the show. Finally, after a second overnight download it finally took. All is working now. If a Dishplayer is your primary receiver, plan on spending a lot of time getting it to take the new card.....

What is the difference between yellow and blue cards? better video? Less problems? I still have blue cards in my 301 and 501DVR and have never been sent yellow.It sounds as if I DO get them I would be better off not installing them.

Annie2005 said:
What is the difference between yellow and blue cards? better video? Less problems? I still have blue cards in my 301 and 501DVR and have never been sent yellow.It sounds as if I DO get them I would be better off not installing them.

Ypu don't have a choice. They shut off th blue cards 10 days after they mail out the yellow ones. The yellow cards do not add features or quality. It is strictly the newest weapon against the hackers.

jayn_j said:
Ypu don't have a choice. They shut off th blue cards 10 days after they mail out the yellow ones. The yellow cards do not add features or quality. It is strictly the newest weapon against the hackers.

Yeah,

The fta market will die, when Dish completes the card swap and closes off the Nagra 1 data stream. Right now, the market for used Dish Network receivers have been soft. But, all of these fta users will be buying them, when Nagra 1 is gone.

"shut off the blue cards 10 days after they mail out the yellow cards"

Not exactly true. I bought a used 501, it was inactive for about three months, then I finally activated it. I know the owner was sent a yellow card cuz he told me. He sent it back.
My 501 receiver was activated with one call on the older blue card.

fred

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)