new york locals.

all4jo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
Haiti and lexington ky
anyone know if all of the new york city locals are spot beamed? i ask this because i would like to take my receivers to the carribean after i get the system installed.
thanks

I don't know for sure about D* but Dish's New York locals (at least ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX) are NOT spot-beamed. I'm pretty sure D* has the same situation.

NY big 4 are on CONUS....In Puerto Rico, you can get them as part of the package there :)

The minor locals are on 61.5, which is also CONUS

correction...If you have NY locals ALL are on CONUS

119 CONUS-ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, WB11, UPN9, PBS13, Univision
61.5 CONUS-55 (Ind), 47 (telemundo), 67 (Telefutura), 21 (PBS), 58 (PBS), 25 (PBS), 63 (ethnic), 48 (Ind)

this is from www.dishchannelchart.com

If you ask for it, Dish MUST supply and install the second dish pointing to 61.5 for free.

Never mind. I remember now. It became a PAX station, and the cool International programming went over to channel 63. Dish airs the PAX net feed, so no PAX locals.

I remember there was a 2nd NYC station that also aired Japanese programming. Any in the NYC area know if that's still true?

TBarclay said:
I don't know for sure about D* but Dish's New York locals (at least ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX) are NOT spot-beamed. I'm pretty sure D* has the same situation.
We can get here either NY Nationals or Los Angeles no via spotbean but thru regular feeds (119 tp 20)also there are include on regular pckgs with AT60 with
locals(spanish) include at the same price.The locals are on spotbean4 on 110.
D* here is not the same that you guys have on the Continent,is a joint ventue with a Venezuelan broadcaster and basic is a Latin American feeds from Center and South America.

hey Technoguy, i called a dealer here in kentucky , and they said that i will be getting a dish 1000 dish since i want the 942 receiver and a 625 dvr, also i want to order the hd pak+voom. but i want to know what satellite is better to get in the carribean 129 or 61.5? i currently have a 6 ft and a 5 ft dish. also what kind of lnbs could i use on channel master dishes?
thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts