New York Mets 2008

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Where are the NY Mets Fan. They do not create a thread to follow the team. Well, I watch their games and I will start this one. Hopefully, there is enough participation to keep it alive.

First game against the Marlins was an "A" game for Mr. Cyoung Johan Santana. Yes, you can crown him 2008 Cyoung Award Winner today! He is that good and I do not think anyone in the National League will be close to him at the end (provided he does not get hurt).

Now unto last night game. The Mets rallied from a 4-0 deficit but lost the game and more importantly Pedro Martinez (#2 started) was injured last night. He left the game and he is expected to miss lots of time. According to last night report, this is not a one or two miss start but it could be at least a month without Pedro. So what are the Mets to do? Some possible solutions were mentioned last night - El Duque. I do not know how can the Mets or any Mets fan expect that El Duque is the solution. The guy is old (who knows how old he is) and it is proned to injury as well. He had to re-invent himself (his delivery). The young lad Paulffrey (sp?) has not delivered as the Mets thought he was going to be the next started to establish himself in the rotation. So the Mets are in a predicament with the starting rotation already in April 2 of the young season. On a positive note, they won't need a fifth starter for a while and may get another pitcher by the time they need a fifth starter.

How annoying is the analyst next to L. Mazz? The guy looks like a fish out of water. Mazz had to correct him about the morale of the team because the Pedro injury. How about Cohen (sp?)? K. Hernandez and the other broadcaster (I can't remember his name) had to correct his as well. Cohen is excellent in a play by play situation but cannot analyze the game like Keith and the other guy does.

How about it Mets fan? come out and support this thread!!!

Update: according to the DailyNews:

The diagnosis: a strained left hamstring, the latest injury to a team with MLB's oldest 40-man roster, and one with perhaps greater ramifications than the hernia surgery that should sideline Moises Alou into May. Martinez is headed for an MRI exam Wednesday in New York with team doctor David Altchek.
"He said he felt a kind of a little pop in his hamstring, so we weren't going to mess around with him," Randolph said.
The Mets rallied from a four-run deficit, only to lose, 5-4, in the 10th on Robert Andino's homer off Matt Wise on a hanging

Sean, I thought if you were a NYer, you only supported one team. Either you are a Yankee, or a Met. A Giants fan OR a Jet's fan. I thought fence straddling wasn't allowed there. :D

Sean, I thought if you were a NYer, you only supported one team. Either you are a Yankee, or a Met. A Giants fan OR a Jet's fan. I thought fence straddling wasn't allowed there. :D

I am not one of those crazy ones :D. I love baseball and I appreciate baseball for the sport not the team. I follow them because I get to watch 162 games in HD as well so that between the two NY teams there are 350+ HD games! :D

P.S. The Mets slammed the door last night to the Marlins. It was over in a hurry.

I know you only posted this today because of Pedro. Pox on the Yankees again, Sean :)

Not really :D. I just want to have more participation from Mets fan. hancox is the only one that respond. Let's have more Mets fan.

P.S. Pedro is out for a month at least.

I will respond to Sean's thread with much thought and contemplation.................
...............................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................
I hate the Mets.

I will respond to Sean's thread with much thought and contemplation.................
...............................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................
I hate the Mets.

LMAO!!!

I am not one of those crazy ones :D. I love baseball and I appreciate baseball for the sport not the team. I follow them because I get to watch 162 games in HD as well so that between the two NY teams there are 350+ HD games! :D

P.S. The Mets slammed the door last night to the Marlins. It was over in a hurry.

No way your wife will let you watch all of that!

I hate the Mets.

Well, at least the Mets haters are responding :D

What incentive Arizona could have to deal his #1 pitcher? Especially since they could win that division.

What ?
I must have miss read the statement.

I thought it was in response to the statement that " You can hand the CY Young to Santana now"

I suggested that Brandon Webb may have an equally great year.

First game against the Marlins was an "A" game for Mr. Cyoung Johan Santana. Yes, you can crown him 2008 Cyoung Award Winner today! He is that good and I do not think anyone in the National League will be close to him at the end (provided he does not get hurt).

Jimbo

What ?
I must have miss read the statement.

I thought it was in response to the statement that " You can hand the CY Young to Santana now"

I suggested that Brandon Webb may have an equally great year.

Jimbo

Ok. Misunderstood or misread your response. :D Well webb is a definite candidate but my money would go to santana if I was a betting man.

I hate the Mets.

1) Bite me :) (kidding)
2) We're the ultimate anti-Yankees household - I'm a Met fan, my wife a Sawx fan. so...

I HATE THE YANKEES

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)