Newb Install Question

js6425

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
Milwaukee, WI
The skew setting given is for frequency bands that have horizontal or vertical polarization, in which case the LNB has to be twisted to align with the signal from the satellite. DBS uses circular polarization, so you can ignore that setting. The Dish 500 is designed to pick up 2 satellites, and the skew setting on it is used to keep the 2 LNBs aligned with the 2 satellites. Setting the Dish 500 to skew 90 as garys stated is correct to make it easier to aim the dish at a single slot.

I am 15 miles northeast of Charleston, West Virginia 25071. My dish 500 pointed at 61.5 has a mount marked 119 & 110 with the LNB mounted in 119 which is the one on the right as you face the front of the dish. The skew is set at 90. Is this correct?

I am 15 miles northeast of Charleston, West Virginia 25071. My dish 500 pointed at 61.5 has a mount marked 119 & 110 with the LNB mounted in 119 which is the one on the right as you face the front of the dish. The skew is set at 90. Is this correct?

Yes, that is correct. Make sure your mast is plumb, then set your elevation on the dish to 41 degrees. Point the dish at 157 degrees and the signal should be there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)