Thanks Dish... :rolleyes

TheDude79

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 5, 2007
Tempe Arizona
Well, thats it for this guy, I have been a huge supporter of Dish Network, but I have to vent now. Today was suppose to be a great day, I was getting my 2ND dish installed to pick up my HD Locals (off 61.5). Sure enough, the guy installing tells me that the dish (which is pointing in the complete opposite direction of my other dish, is obstructed by my neighbors HUGE TREE. Now im sure some of you are thinking "How is it DISH's fault for your neighbor tree" (most likely someone that gets all their channels, with no problem)..well, i will tell you why. I, like EVERYONE else in Mid-Michigan, have our channels mainly coming from 129,119,110 (i believe those 3), I guess i just dont understand why that cant put particluar locals on a the satellite mostly used by that region??? Instead, people in mid-michigan all have to either fork over $60 or extend another 2 years, thats IF they dont have something obstructing their view. Sorry, but that is just a flat out weak way of making money. I will honor the rest of this contract, but if those HD Locals are mirrored over to the 3 satellites that ALL of Mid-Michigan is using, I have no choice but to either go with a cable company. This sucks big time!!! Sorry for ranting guys, just a very unhappy customer. :mad:

dont feel bad dude, im moving in 3 months, and i will be able to get richmond hd with a 61.5, (im in same boat as you 110-119-129) but im deflecting then, aint no way im going to get stuck with another 2 year deal ...

I am getting SciFi in HD on Dish...isn't everybody else???

oh wait...its April 3rd, so too late for April Fools.

I guess I am the fool now.

Though it is still wishful thinking since BSG starts TOMORROW!!!

And Universal HD is not replaying the episodes the next day or the next week that I could see. grrrrr!

That second Dish really would have tied the roof together...

Yeah, this is the best part, the guy tells me, "if you put the dish on a pole, where your driveway meets the street, you MAY get them"...instead of stabbing the guy in his face with a icepick, i just imagined all the times that ive driven home HAMMERED and cut onto the driveway early because i saw 3blurry visions of it. I would be ordering a new dish everything saturday morning (and sunday morning). Oh sweet, and to add to the day, the tigers got swept by the Royals today.....does anyone have a Desert Eagle with A hollowtip bullet in it, I'm ready to check out now :wave

Yeah, this is the best part, the guy tells me, "if you put the dish on a pole, where your driveway meets the street, you MAY get them"...instead of stabbing the guy in his face with a icepick, i just imagined all the times that ive driven home HAMMERED and cut onto the driveway early because i saw 3blurry visions of it. I would be ordering a new dish everything saturday morning (and sunday morning). Oh sweet, and to add to the day, the tigers got swept by the Royals today.....does anyone have a Desert Eagle with A hollowtip bullet in it, I'm ready to check out now :wave

Wow.......

Your neighbor growing California Redwoods in his yard?
Just how big is the is tree that you can't get over or around it anywhere?

My 61.5 looks right over the top of my neighbor's 60 foot Maple.

sweeeet violence.

Dude...........seriously, it's just TV!!. There's cable, there's an antenna, there's all sorts of ways to get it. In the end, there's also books.

If you are really thinking about "checking out" over this situation, I highly suggest you go seek counseling. You need it.

Laff, why does this sound like pretty much everyone I know from Saginaw/Bay City/Flint/Midland area? What is going on there that everyone goes on binges every weekend, resorts to violent measures as a first action?

Your neighbor growing California Redwoods in his yard?
Just how big is the is tree that you can't get over or around it anywhere?

My 61.5 looks right over the top of my neighbor's 60 foot Maple.

yeah, no kidding. I get great signal in SW Michigan from 61.5 and every other sat that is above 14 degree elevation, trees or not in the neighbors yard. When I was putting up my FTA and other dishes, I was even surprised how little the neighbors trees affected anything.

.........Oh sweet, and to add to the day, the tigers got swept by the Royals today.....does anyone have a Desert Eagle with A hollowtip bullet in it, I'm ready to check out now :wave

The Royals have been ready to check out for several years, now, but they HUNG IN THERE, and you can, too, Dude.

NURSE! Sedate that man! :D

I did not watch my buddies die face down in the muck so that Echostar can go around installing pole mounted dishes at the edge of everyones driveway.

Dish could in the future put your locals on 129 also, just right now they have space on 61.5. 129 is getting a new satellite later in the year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts