Newbe, Need Bloomberg TV FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Zakdj

Original poster
Jun 17, 2008
I have a globecast world tv receiver #se 380. I need to receive Bloomberg TV usa free to air. I have installed many directv and dishnet satellite systems but free to air is new to me, can someone help me or guide me to receiving this channel? Can I get it on the system I currently have, the globecast system, or do I need to get different equipment? is it on FTA?

It's good to know that it's still available, although I realize it's not guaranteed & that I can get it with a 6 ft fixed dish and I guess an analog receiver. Correct?

Can anyone suggest a receiver and dish for this. and maybe some dish aiming alinement's.

I thought for sure more people would know about this here. Is this a hard Question?

Zak

I don't know if it will lock with a 6' dish or not, but it locks with a 7.5' mesh dish. Any normal FTA receiver will work. The audio is dolby AC-3. You need a fta receiver that will convert it or pass it out into your ac-3 capable home surround system using the coaxial output.

How about Bloomberg UK? It's in english. That would do, Trying not to use a 6 foot dish.

I'm a little confused. Lyngsat shows it as an analog signal, but Truckracer says that it will work on any fta receiver. Is it analog or digital? thanks

Lyngsat shows it as digital DVB

How about Bloomberg UK? It's in english. That would do, Trying not to use a 6 foot dish.
nope. The footprint for that satellite doesn't reach the US. The US version is all that is here

another option would be Dish Network. They have Bloomberg alacarte and part of a package called "Essentials"

Bloomberg alacarte is 1.50 + 6.00 Dish bs fee for no package

or

the Essentials is 9.99...there was a thread on it in the Sky Angel area when SA ceased...tells you how to order it
http://www.satelliteguys.us/skyangel-iptv-forum/128265-fyi-new-dish-network-package-9-99-mo.html

now obviously you would need a Dish and receiver but all you need to do is aim at 119...sure its not free but if you need a 6 foot dish those cost around 200 bucks with shipping and well you do the math ;)

Ok, I got it, It thought it was highlighted in white (analog, clear), but on closer inspection it's not. I'll blame it on old eyes. Thanks! Also thanks for the link with info on Dish Essentials, didn't know they offered that package. My 18 month commitment is almost up on the America's Top 250 package, but I don't seem to watch much but the financial networks & hgtv, so if I could get Bloomberg, I'd be set. Thanks, Iceberg!

I dont know if they will let you downgrade to that package...everyone I'm spoken with had that package to begin with (they came from Sky Angel)

If they won't let me have it, I'll still consider the 6 foot dish. Have been wanting to try c band anyway. Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts