newbie 522 help

doogie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 27, 2004
Hello. I need someone to tell me what to do... :) I have a 522 in my livingroom (TV1) and the remote TV is upstairs in the bedroom (TV2). I've messed with the single/dual mode and I'm confused. What I'd like to do is have the ability to record one show and watch another.... once in awhile. But for the most part TV2 in the bedroom should be able to watch whatever they want while I'm on TV1 in the livingroom watching what I want... the problem I had the other day was I was watching something on TV1 while recording a program using the TV2 tuner. I wanted to stop the TV2 recording (from the TV1 location) WITH the TV1 remote... and it wasn't able to... I had to phsically go to the bedroom, get the TV2 remote - just to stop the recording... please tell me what I'm doing wrong.... :p

You''re not doing anything wrong - that's just the way it works.

In dual mode, it acts like two totally separate boxes that share a hard drive - although IIRC you can force a recording to start on the other tuner.

There is a mode button on the front of your receiver. You can run it in either mode.
Since my son is in the Army I run mine in single mode so I can use PIP. You should be able to record to tv2 from your living room and stop the recording on tv2 from the living room with the same remote. Make sure you have the proper "main" remote in the living room..remember they are color coded..or at least mine are. I have the same setup you have, one tv downstairs and one in an upstairs bedroom with only one receiver. If you cannot figure it out someone here more knowledgeable than me will help you and it does not take much to know more than me about this topic.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts