Newbie 522 ?'s

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bdemz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Just got the 522 and I feel stupid. How do I record 1 program and watch another?

I start recording a show and try to change the channel. It says that I have to switch to live mode to do this function.

I tried it in single and dual mode.

Any help? I tried searching the forum. :confused:

If you are in single mode and you start recording, simply hit "swap" on your remote to switch to the other tuner.

If you are in dual mode, you can set the recording on the 2nd tv and watch the first tv. Also, I believe you can go into the recordplus option and set up the 522 to automatically default all recordings to tv2 as a first option.

What version of software do you have on your 522? Single mode has only become available with recent software upgrades. Does your PiP work?

?

No PIP do I need to enable something?

I just go the 522 and I don't think I enabled or disabled anything

Sounds like your box hasn't been hit with the latest software yet. I got my 522 about a month ago, and it took about 2 weeks before I could use single mode. Until you get it, your only option to record a program while watching another is to set it to record on TV 2 using either recordplus or physically going to TV 2 to set the recording.

Find out what software version you have by hitting system info. Your software version should start with L (i.e. L169 or L204). This could answer the single mode question.

Your box is probably in Dual mode. You have to push the mode button on the front of the box to switch to Single mode. Then you will be able to do PIP and swap.

"physically going to TV 2 to set the recording"...actually going to the other television that the 522 uses and set up the recording.

heres aother tip.... The book that is probly still in the box, titled, "OWNERS MANUAL" is a great sorce of info

It sounds to me that you are not indeed in single mode.

push the mode button on the front and it should change the little light under dual to the one under single. this is how you make sure (It has switched itself back on me or my dog has done it before)

If the light doesnt change then check your software version. its under menu-6-1-i think 3... whatever the system info option is... it shoudl say

Software version: ??????GALD.

above 2.01 and you have the ability to use single mode.

I hope this helps

Also make usre the reciever is on when you are doing this

Thanks for those who helped

I didn't have the right software downloaded. I did a reset and the right one came down. I rebooted and it works.

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)