Newbie ?: Can I offload from the 522 to an ext HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HJ337

Original poster
May 18, 2004
Hi,

I've ordered but not yet received my new Dish installation, which will include a 522. Will I be able to offload recordings to save them on an external hard drive or directly to my Mac for archiving (liberating space on the 522 HD)? If so, are there any special equipment or cabling needs that I should prepare for?

Many thanks,

- Hill

You can't directly get to the 522's HDD (HDD=Hard Disk Drive, HD=High Definition) - at least not officially (see yahoo groups dishmod and dishrip). Other than that, you can certainly treat the 522 like any other video device and just hook it up to your VCR or PC video capture device.

SimpleSimon said:
You can't directly get to the 522's HDD (HDD=Hard Disk Drive, HD=High Definition) - at least not officially (see yahoo groups dishmod and dishrip). Other than that, you can certainly treat the 522 like any other video device and just hook it up to your VCR or PC video capture device.

Many thanks for your quick and helpful reply...and for clarifying the abbreviation convention...

Cheers, - Hill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts