Newbie Help - 1000.2, 1000.4?

VT_BDC

Original poster
Sep 21, 2009
Washington DC
Hello all, My dad is thinking about joining us at our football tailgates in Blacksburg VA and he wants to help out by bringing his Dish Network account so we can watch the game. I'm trying to figure out the set-up that I'll need for him. Can anyone explain the difference between the 1000.2, 1000.4 dishes. We are tailgating out of a tow behind camper so I'm trying to purchase 1 dish that I should be able to use just about anywhere.

Thanks

Ooops - Dad is from Upstate NY. I'm trying to avoid him having to lug any equipment. We are mostly after ESPN as we will be going into the stadium for the "local" game :)

Last edited:
If your dad is from DC, then he would need a 1000.4 dish. If he was taking it to Blacksburg for tailgating, I think he would be well outside the spot beam for the DC HD local channels, If the game was on ESPN or other national channels it would work, but not if the game were on ABC or any other "local" channels.

You might be better off trying to take a newer portable tv with a digital tuner and trying to get the local stations with an over the air antenna.

BTW, the 1000.2 is for the 110,119, and 129 satellites and the 1000.4 is for the 61.5, 72.7, and 77 satellites.

ESPN HD is on 110W. ESPN SD is on 119W. Both ESPN SD and HD are on 72.7W. If that's all you care about, a Dish 300 or Dish 500 antenna with a DP Dual or Single LNB is all that is required to receive a single satellite position.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)