Newbie help

jas3443

Original poster
Dec 27, 2008
Streetsboro, OH
Ok, here is my situation. I have a VIP612 receiver on my primary tv and one in the bedroom. The other bedroom is on the VIP222.

Now, when I change the channel on my primary tv...it also changes the tv in the bedroom which is really inconvenient. The wife wants to watch something else in the bedroom, not football that I have on downstairs.

Any advice?

Ok, here is my situation. I have a VIP612 receiver on my primary tv and one in the bedroom. The other bedroom is on the VIP222.

Now, when I change the channel on my primary tv...it also changes the tv in the bedroom which is really inconvenient. The wife wants to watch something else in the bedroom, not football that I have on downstairs.

Any advice?

Could you clarify? You have a 612 on the primary tv and a 612 in the bedroom? You have a 222 in yet another bedroom? 612 is for 1 tv, 222 for 2 tv's. Please clear this up for me and I can help.

Yes the 612 is downstairs and I thought it was only for 1 tv. The 222 upstairs I thought was for the 2 tv's upstairs. When I went to change the tv (the one without a receiver hooked to it) it would only stay on channel 60 and show what I had on downstairs on the 612 tv.

Any advice?

if what you're saying is that your remote for downstairs in changing channels for you receiver upstairs then change your remote address on either the 222 or the 612. the instructions on how to do this are in your 612 and 222 owners manual

will the remote for the 222's 2nd tv (bedroom in question) also change channels for that tv? And does that change your channels on the primary tv also.

the 222 is the one with capability for two rooms like the 622 and 722? if so I think you just realized you need to change the 222 to dual mode

I figured it out guys!! The TV2 mode wasn't turned "on" on the 222 receiver. Once I clicked that on, it worked and the remotes only changed the tvs they are supposed to

What I'm getting at is this: Do you and your wife have "remote wars" from these rooms, or does it seem that you are winning the war every time? The 612 can send signal to a second or more "mirrored" tv's, so they watch what you watch and the remote can be carried to those rooms because its uhf. Check which channel the modulator is set for on both receivers. Menu 6-1-5. Your installer may have set things up so your 612 dvr could be watched on the other receivers tv 2 when set on the appropriate channel. If the modulators are set to different channels, which may be the case, turn the bedroom tv to the channel listed on the 222's modulator setting and see if that fixes things. I'll reserve further comment until I hear more. Hopefully this is enough:)

the 222 is the one with capability for two rooms like the 622 and 722? if so I think you just realized you need to change the 222 to dual mode

I just saw your post now. I realized there had to be a way to make it dual and was upstairs, came down and you posted the exact thing that I just perfomed.

Thanks for all your help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts