newbie help

fr_jack

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
Hi,

I just got my DVR yesterday and i have a question. i have it set in multi mode so i can have my bedroom watch something different from my living room.

i want to record two programs on friday at the same time.

i have set up a dish pass to record new episodes of both shows. will it automatically start recording the shows and just stop the tv's from being able to change. Or do i have to put the box into standby to get this to work

Sorry for the stupid question

thanks

Steve

EDIT: another question it is in multi mode not sigle btw. If i have all my timers on tv1 will it automatically try and record the second on tv2 or vice versa?

You can leave it on.. It will show a countdown telling you when it's about to change the channel to record the show... If you try to change the channel once it starts recording, it will warn you that if you do this, it will stop recording and give you an "OK/Cancel" choice.

Not sure of your question but it will start recording automatically and if someone is home and tries to change channels, it will give u a warning before turning but it will let you change the channel.

Thanks,

If i have two programs set on tv1 to record at the same time will it automatically try to record the 2nd on tv2?

thanks

Steve

fr_jack said:
Thanks,

If i have two programs set on tv1 to record at the same time will it automatically try to record the 2nd on tv2?

thanks

Steve
Yes, if you have Record Plus enabled. This is a setting under Preferences I think (don't have the menu to look at right now). You can set TV2 as the preferred tuner and all timers will be set to record on TV2. If TV2 is busy at that time it will automatically chose TV1.

Note: you have to set your timers using the TV1 remote for the above example. If you use the TV2 remote, all timers will try to use TV2 no matter what. If you set TV1 as the preferred tuner in Record Plus you should use the TV2 remote to set your timers.

maximum said:
Yes, if you have Record Plus enabled. This is a setting under Preferences I think (don't have the menu to look at right now). You can set TV2 as the preferred tuner and all timers will be set to record on TV2. If TV2 is busy at that time it will automatically chose TV1.

Note: you have to set your timers using the TV1 remote for the above example. If you use the TV2 remote, all timers will try to use TV2 no matter what. If you set TV1 as the preferred tuner in Record Plus you should use the TV2 remote to set your timers.

i tried turning this on. and tried a test. However it still says that one will be skipped by priority? Is there anything else i need to do?

thanks

Steve

EDIT: Could it be cos i have multi user on

From my experiences whichever tuner you have as your preferred tuner will give u problems if you try to set two timers up at the same time on that tuner. For example my preferred is tv1 and if I set up two recordings at the same time on that tuner it gives u the conflict, but if I use tv2 to set up the same timers it automatically divides them up. Hope that helps.

typerk said:
From my experiences whichever tuner you have as your preferred tuner will give u problems if you try to set two timers up at the same time on that tuner. For example my preferred is tv1 and if I set up two recordings at the same time on that tuner it gives u the conflict, but if I use tv2 to set up the same timers it automatically divides them up. Hope that helps.
Hummmmm, thought I was saying the same thing. Anyway, glad fr_jack got what he needed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts