Newbie here, and moving to Mexico....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackak10

Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
Looking for a painless way to get English language (American or Canadian) satellite to southern Pacific Mexico.

I knew someone who moved down there and had Direct TV. He got the info on where to point his dish in Mexico somehow. Then, he kept his address up here and kept the US programming. This all would depend on you getting the satellite locations and having a home still in the US.

You'll need to make sure your in the footprint of whichever satellite service you want. Not all can do all of Mexico, and their individual coverages vary there.

I had C band (BUD) in Aguascalientes, Ags. (central) Mexico from 1985 until 1996. I'm not sure what is left on C band and you will need a US address to which to have the bill sent. The dish, by definition had to be large, about 14', to get the fringe signal and I had to use a 20 degree LNB which was very new and expensive at the time.

If you go DBS, which is a better idea, you will also need a larger dish. Check out the latinamerican forums on this and other DBS sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)