Newbie install 322

kenitsu

Original poster
May 18, 2005
We've just tried to install a 322 dual tuner using a dish 500 dp twin and a sw34 switch. When we check the switch, it just says 119 is hooked up. 110 never shows up. Any idea where to start

I assume this is a DIY install, and you bought your equipment. If it was a professional installer, he should have known better.

Legacy LNB <-> SW switch
DP LNB <-> DP switch

And welcome to satguys.us :wave

In that case, your dish is probably pointed a little too far right. Leave the cable connected, go to the point dish screen for 110. Have someone watch that while you try moving it slowly to the left, and see if you get the other satellite.

can it have anything to do with that the 322 has a dp seperator in it..and what is a dp seperator..this is my first install

wow...now i've really messed up then...cause i've got the 322 with the seperator and a 625...how am i gonna salvage this. Can i just use a quad lnb?

Yeah, you can do that, or you can replace the quad with a DPP Twin, and use the separators (no switch in that configuration).

Mdonnelly is right. Here's how I would do this. Run one line to each receiver (322 and 625 sound like what you have). At each receiver, I would THEN use the DP Separator to "split" the line and hook-up each of those lines to SAT 1 and SAT 2.

Depending on who you ask, you can either do a checkswitch and software download at the same time for both receivers, or do each receiver one at a time. The DP34 switch sounds like a backup option in the event your receivers don't like the DP Separators. Good luck. :)

unless i'm mistaken, the dp seperator I'm speaking of is in the 322...not an outside attachment. I could be wrong....i'm so lost

Ok..we have the dish 500 dp twin going to the dp 34, we bought a 322 that said it had a dp seperator..part #138138, i assumed (i know i know) it meant it was inside the reciever. If its not built in..then we're not using it. we've tested signal with a meter and both signals are good coming from the lnbs. the test switch shows 2 satellites hooked up..both 119 from port 1. Port 2 and 3 say n/c (not connected). we're not using the 2nd satellite at all (the 61.5 wing)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)