Newbie Installation Help

biz56

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 8, 2009
North Carolina
I would be a new sub in the Charlotte market with HD receivers. Along with national HD and SD, I would need the Charlotte locals and my RSN. Due to obstructions, I will be unable to receive from the EA without running a 100 ft+ cable to a pole mount deep in the back yard. I can receive the WA from a much shorter distance near the house, and that is my preference.

I want a single dish installation. Will Dish insist on the EA, or will I have the option for WA since national HD/SD channels and HD Charlotte locals are on both (unclear about RSN)? Does Dish plan to migrate the HD eastern locals to spotbeams on EA only in the forseeable future so that I would have to eventually switch arcs or add a second dish anyway?

Thanks.

I would be a new sub in the Charlotte market with HD receivers. Along with national HD and SD, I would need the Charlotte locals and my RSN. Due to obstructions, I will be unable to receive from the EA without running a 100 ft+ cable to a pole mount deep in the back yard. I can receive the WA from a much shorter distance near the house, and that is my preference.

I want a single dish installation. Will Dish insist on the EA, or will I have the option for WA since national HD/SD channels and HD Charlotte locals are on both (unclear about RSN)? Does Dish plan to migrate the HD eastern locals to spotbeams on EA only in the forseeable future so that I would have to eventually switch arcs or add a second dish anyway?

Thanks.

Charlotte HD locals are currently only on 118.7 on the western arc which would necessitate the use of a 1000+ antenna. Charlotte is a designated EA market but you may be able to get them to do a WA install due to line of sight issues. It depends whether the installer wants to go through the process of getting it approved by E*or whether you can persuade the person at E* you order service from to specify a 1000+ install. At some point, I think the Charlotte locals will be removed from 118.7. There is a placeholder for them on 129W currently. The cable run for your EA location is really not an issue though. That distance is well within the specs.

So you think I would automatically get an EA install unless I could convince them otherwise?

If I did get a WA install and a 1000.2 antenna, would I need a wing dish to see 129W in the event my hd locals were moved there?

Thanks.

How would I find out where my hd RSNs are located? SportSouth, Fox Sports South and MASN? If they are only on 61.5, I'm still looking at a EA install. Thanks.

Single Dish Antennas in the Pacific NW (and other locations)

Sports Black out rules

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)