Newbie needs help with PTAT

Alajane

Original poster
Jan 17, 2013
Muscle Shoals, AL
So glad to find this forum yesterday! I'm not technically oriented like most of you seem to be, so my question is probably very stupid!! We've been Dish customers for 10 years and got a Hopper/2Joey system last week. I just enabled PTAT last night when I got home from work (had not realized it wouldn't take up any of my timer space until I read that on here, so didn't enable it immediately).

It seemed very simple to enable--all I thought I did was delete Fox and Saturday from the PTAT recording. But when I checked this morning, nothing was recorded last night and the program guide shows only Fox on Saturday as scheduled for PTAT. So, having made this selection on our smallest screen TV, I evidently enabled what I thought I disabled. Now I can't get back into the PTAT setup. Can you tell me how that minor feat is accomplished?

Oh, how I long for a good, printed instruction manual with a troubleshooting section!!

Thanks so much in advance!!
Jane

So glad to find this forum yesterday! I'm not technically oriented like most of you seem to be, so my question is probably very stupid!! We've been Dish customers for 10 years and got a Hopper/2Joey system last week. I just enabled PTAT last night when I got home from work (had not realized it wouldn't take up any of my timer space until I read that on here, so didn't enable it immediately).

It seemed very simple to enable--all I thought I did was delete Fox and Saturday from the PTAT recordingBut when I checked this morning, nothing was recorded last night and the program guide shows only Fox on Saturday as scheduled for PTAT. So, having made this selection on our smallest screen TV, I evidently enabled what I thought I disabled. Now I can't get back into the PTAT setup. Can you tell me how that minor feat is accomplished?

Oh, how I long for a good, printed instruction manual with a troubleshooting section!!

Jane

Menu-Settings-DVR Defaults -PTAT

You can also print a users manual from mydish.com, just search for MANUALS.

It takes a day after you activate PTAT before it works.

You just need to enable it 15 minutes prior but I think I heard that you should enable it 17 minutes early just to be safe. It may not fire the first night installed if the guide info is missing but I believe it is supposed to record on day 1.

Last edited:

It seemed very simple to enable--all I thought I did was delete Fox and Saturday from the PTAT recording. But when I checked this morning, nothing was recorded last night and the program guide shows only Fox on Saturday as scheduled for PTAT. So, having made this selection on our smallest screen TV, I evidently enabled what I thought I disabled. Now I can't get back into the PTAT setup. Can you tell me how that minor feat is accomplished?

Jane

Hehe... I was going to ask the same thing!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)