Newbie needs help

n007

Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Hi ya'll I recently purchased a DVR-522 at a yard sale. I hooked it up at home and it doesn't pull my programming. I call tech service and the tell me the box is leased and I can't get it activated... So I try pulling the smart-card out of my unit and slipping it into the new 522 and the reciever ID stayed the same. I'd really like to use this box, is there any way around this? Any way to change the reciever codes to the ones on my current box?

Dish will not activate a leased receiver to someone not named on the lease. Take the 522 back to the person you bought it from and get your money back, they are responsible for it and if you keep messing with it you may be to. Smart cards cannot be moved to other receivers either. Find a purchased 522 and use that one, this one is only good as a paper weight to you.

If you find receiver boxes at garage or yard sales always call 1-800-333-3474 before you buy it, give them the R00# off of the receiver(s) , they will tell you if it is leased or someone still owes a balance on it. if they do or its leased , DO NOT BUY IT!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts