Newbie Question - dishHD only program and VOD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

winwin2

Original poster
May 12, 2008
SF Bayarea
Hi, Newbie here. I am very interested to switch from Comcast to "dishHD-only" program for only $30/mo, because they added 22 new channels on today !
My questions:
1) If I need a HD-DVR ViP 622 or 722, do I need to pay the equipment ?
If I do need to pay upfront, can I sign-up the "dishDVR Advantage" to get the "free" equipment, then downgrade to the dishHD-only ? Any fee for downgrade ?
2) w/HD-DVR, the monthly will be $30+$5.95 ?
Do I need to pay the $5.95/mo for the DVR program fee, even if I connect to the phone or broadband ?
3) For Video-on-demand(VOD), any VOD in HD ? Has any one compare the "free" VOD to the Comcast ? I believe Comcast offer thousands hours in SD/HD.
4) Can the external hard drive play in PC ?
Thanks!

Hi, Newbie here. I am very interested to switch from Comcast to "dishHD-only" program for only $30/mo, because they added 22 new channels on today !
My questions:
1) If I need a HD-DVR ViP 622 or 722, do I need to pay the equipment ?
If I do need to pay upfront, can I sign-up the "dishDVR Advantage" to get the "free" equipment, then downgrade to the dishHD-only ? Any fee for downgrade ?
2) w/HD-DVR, the monthly will be $30+$5.95 ?
Do I need to pay the $5.95/mo for the DVR program fee, even if I connect to the phone or broadband ?
3) For Video-on-demand(VOD), any VOD in HD ? Has any one compare the "free" VOD to the Comcast ? I believe Comcast offer thousands hours in SD/HD.
4) Can the external hard drive play in PC ?
Thanks!

1. You should be able to lease the receiver.
2. Not sure one this one.
3. The dvr fee will be charged, what gets waived if hooked to phone or internet is the additional tuner fee.
3. Have not seen any free HD VOD.
4, No, the recordings are encrypted and can only be played throught the receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)