Newbie question; G3 C satellite polarization?

chilson2002

Original poster
Nov 23, 2004
Lewisburg, TN
I have a DW 6000 Direcway system, when I plug in my latitude and longitude for Lewisburg TN. it tells me the polarization should be - 11.95 for vertical and -78.9 horizontal. My system info says receive polarization is horizontal and transmit polarization is horizontal. I have tried both and neither works. Can anyone tell me what it is?
It also tells me elevation should be 48 and azimuth should be about 195 to connect to the Galaxy 3 C satellite at 95 degrees.
Where am I messing up?
Thanks,
Dave

I'm not sure if by this post you are saying that you are trying to set up the dish yourself. I just wanted to make sure you are aware that it is an FCC violation for someone without direcway certification to attepmt to install it. Everyone uses the same satellites ad if you do something wrong it can mess with government agencies etc...

The following is public information ....

Galaxy G3C is located at 95 degrees W Longitude 22K miles above the equator. From Lewisburg TN you would use the following settings for receive:

Azimuth: 194.0 degrees
Azimuth (adjusted for magnetic north): 196.6 degrees
Elevation: 47.9 degrees
Polarization: + 11.3 degrees

Those setting should almost guarantee receive from G3C. However, the transmit isolation is another story; with it's adjustment requiring delicate manipulation to obtain a satisfactory position.

It is Hughes' policy at the least that any alignment involving transmission signals be adjusted by a certified installer.

deezoneezo said:
I'm not sure if by this post you are saying that you are trying to set up the dish yourself. I just wanted to make sure you are aware that it is an FCC violation for someone without direcway certification to attepmt to install it. Everyone uses the same satellites ad if you do something wrong it can mess with government agencies etc...

um, HUH???

Lets see......I installed all 6 of my dishes
-motorized to get all the FTA stuff on the clark belt
-StarChoice
-Dish Network
-ExpressVu
-Fixed 30" at Galaxy 10
-Fixed Direct PC dish at 95 (same as the OP)

obviously, you have no clue what you are talking about. It is NOT against the law to install your own dish.

I don't know if its against the LAW but DW do INSIST only certified tech's point these dish because of the above reasons, stray radiation from them can cause interference and can be dangerous, NEVER stand in front of one of these dish!

It sounds logical that DirecWay and the FCC wouldn't want an unlicensed person pointing a transmitting dish like that. Nobody wants you uplinking to the wrong satellite. :)

Any dish that transmits i.e. DW6000 needs to be installed by a certified pro. From http://www.directv.direcway.com/installation.html

"One of the questions we always get is, “Am I going to need to install this dish myself?” Lucky for you, we’ve already got that covered! All you need to do is order your DIRECWAY® System over the phone… and we’ll take care of the rest.

Our Installers have been professionally trained to follow FCC guidelines (which require professional installation of the transmitting satellite dish), and to give you a hassle-free installation!"

All I can tell you is when I went to the Direcway DW6000 certification class they told us it was illegal for us to teach a customer to point the dish and that is an FCC violation for them to attempt to do it... etc...etc...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)