Newbie question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bandit224

Original poster
Aug 12, 2004
Hey guys, newbie here,
Just got a Samsung DLP 61" , I've got Phillips TIVo with my Dtv. I'd like to add an HD receiver. Can I use a HD receiver in conjunction with my Tivo, or would I be better off forking out the cash for the the HDTivo unit? I also have a basic cable connection available too. Any suggestions on how to arrange my system would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Great forum!

Your current Tivo shall not be able to record the programs in HD, if thats what your intention was, in getting the HD receiver. It can only record SD signals. Therefore IF you want to record the HD shows in HD on your Tivo/DVR, I believe HD Tivo is the way to go.

So I can get an HD receiver and use it with my TIVO to get HD programming, I just will not be able to record in HD is this correct?

nope. Since regular Tivo does not have an ATSC tuner, it shall now show digital channels or record digital TV programs.

You must get an HD DirecTivo, otherwise you can say goodbye to locals in HD, or being able to simplify your set-up, or being able to record, pause, or fast forward you HD channels. go for the best HD DVR on the market, its worth the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)