Newbie Question

Baffudled

Original poster
Sep 22, 2008
Monroe, Ohio
Sorry if this is a stupid question. I recently purchase a new HD Tv. I had to extend the cables going to my TV about 15-20 ft or so using a straight RG6 coupler. When I tried to power up the reciever it has not passed the switch test since. I had pretty good signal strength on 110 and 119 (around 60-70) but when I tryed the switch test it would fault out and say less satellites were detected then previously installed. I noticed that some times even when I had good strength on 119 it would not lock on and think that it was 110. I have scheduled an ugrade to an HD/DVR. Since this is not scheduled to happen until oct. 6th I tried moving the cables back to the other TV because my wife has nagged the hell out of me about the TV locking up every 10 minutes or so. Now that I have removed the extensions it passes the switch test but it still is locking up alot. I am wondering what will happen when the installer gets here and I need to extend the cables and address the switch and locking up problem. The locking up may go away because it acts like the DVR reciever is going bad itself. What will be included in the $100 upgrade price? If anybody has any answers I'm all ears.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)