newbie question

ilan

Original poster
Nov 18, 2004
due to the price drop, I am considering purchasing the 921 today. I have a question though - does it include a DVI cable or do I need to buy one ? can I use Component instead (both for HD & SD) ?

It does not come with a DVI-I cable. Of course the 921 has the DVI port. I went to Radio Shack to check one out and it costs $99.00 there. I didn't buy it. I'm going to begin to price them out online.

It does come with a component cable and not a DVI (just like craig said :)). You cannot use component for SD mode, you'll need to use composite or RF for that. Note that this pertains to the SD & HD viewing modes, not the format of the broadcast content. You can leave the unit in HD mode all the time and it will upconvert any SD content. You can likewise switch the unit to SD mode and it will downconvert HD stuff, but there are very few reasons to do that.

The component vs DVI issue is largely an opinion thing. Some prefer one over the other. Most agree that DVI is better for LCD or plasma displays, and component for CRT. YMMV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)