Newbie Question

Rhinohd

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 28, 2005
NW Chicago Burbs
Can someone point me to how I can figure out what sats my Dishnetwork feed are coming from? I was wondering if I needed another dish to get 61.5 (with all the HD rumors going around).

You will probably need another Dish. If you are getting channels like USA Network, Comedy Central etc then your Dish is NOT pointed at 61.5 :)

Go to the menu on your receiver and run a check switch. It will show you which satellites you are currently receiving.

And as an added bonus, the satellite and transponder that are selected when you enter the "check switch" screen are those that carry the channel you were just watching.

Ok this is what I have on my roof right now. I have a "Starband Dish" (not used for internet anymore) and a "Dish 500".
With the equipment I have now is there any way to get 61.5 without putting up a 3rd dish?

What I have as of this moment.
Dish 500
DVR 921 (Two inputs from the Dish 500)

Starband Dish
Switch = SW44
Dish 111
DVR 501
Dish 811
4th line runs to a room we don't use as of yet.

yea sence your from chicago call 18883333474 and request your mustcary for your spanish locals (CHANNELS 20,56,44,66). that will get you a dish pointed the 61.5 location witch will get you in line for everything.. not to mention its FREE TOO!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts