Newbie Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jballa91

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2005
Well I just got Dish network about a month ago and have AT60 plus and a Dish DVR 625. I just have a few quick questions.
1. Is it possible I could transfer recorded events on my DVR to a mp4 player. (Don't worry I'm not trying to transfer it to a computer or anything because I know it's illegal.)
2. How come when I have set my DVR to record something my Caller ID on my caller id on my tv won't pop-up on the top like it's supposed to. (it does work when I don't have a event set-up to record)
3. I've seen cable commericals and stuff in the past, where they say you always lose your satellite signal during strong storms and when it's snowing. I live in Illinois and I was wondering what are the chances I will lose my signal when these events occur?
4. On dishnetwork's website I saw somewhere about having satellite internet through Dish. I couldn't find any more info on it so I'm guessing it's a long ways away before it actually comes out. Just wondering if anyone has heard of any updates from dish satellite tv.

jballa91 said:
Well I just got Dish network about a month ago and have AT60 plus and a Dish DVR 625. I just have a few quick questions.
1. Is it possible I could transfer recorded events on my DVR to a mp4 player. (Don't worry I'm not trying to transfer it to a computer or anything because I know it's illegal.)
2. How come when I have set my DVR to record something my Caller ID on my caller id on my tv won't pop-up on the top like it's supposed to. (it does work when I don't have a event set-up to record)
3. I've seen cable commericals and stuff in the past, where they say you always lose your satellite signal during strong storms and when it's snowing. I live in Illinois and I was wondering what are the chances I will lose my signal when these events occur?
4. On dishnetwork's website I saw somewhere about having satellite internet through Dish. I couldn't find any more info on it so I'm guessing it's a long ways away before it actually comes out. Just wondering if anyone has heard of any updates from dish satellite tv.

Hi ,I can't answer your DVR questions because I record to DVD, but I can answer the others. I only lost my Dish signal twice and it was during Tornado/Severe Thunderstorm Warnings and the signal was out for maybe 10-15 minutes. Heavy rain has not been a problem. This will be my first Winter with Dish, but I dont anticipate any snow problems because my Dish is 5 feet off the ground. As far as satellite internet, Wildblue is available but it is slower than cable internet and generally more expensive. I would go with cable internet or DSL. Unless cable or DSL is not available to you.

HI,
Welcome to Dish, Quick answers to your questions.
1. No you can't get any data off of the any DISH network receiver to any other device. The usb port is disable at this time. Dish will becoming out with a portable players but that the only device it will transfer data to.
2. Check your setup on your DIVER for Caller ID, Menu, #6 Setup, #1 Installation, #2 Caller ID make sure Caller ID is enable. You need to have caller ID service from the phone company.
3. I live in Denver the only three time I have lost Satellite service is 1st time a Major Snow Storm we had a couple of feet of snow. I went out with a broom and cleaned off the dish service was back. The other 2 times have been when we had major rain storms it only lasted 5 to 10 minutes.
4. Dish does have a deal with Earthlink service check with Dish Network on the deal. Yes you can get internet from other Satellite companys but like the other person said it's expensive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)