Newbie Setup Question: Type(s) of Switches with Dish 500 Plus

drp37

Original poster
Nov 22, 2006
Thanks in advance for your assistance.

I plan on buying a Dish 500 Plus system with the intent on watching TV in 2 different rooms. I'd like to know what type of switches(s) I need in order to run a single coaxial cable from the Dish 500 Plus system into the house and then once inside to the 2 different rooms.

In essence, I'm trying to minimize the amount of coaxial cable running from the Dish 500 Plus system to the receivers in 2 different rooms.

-drp37

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

I plan on buying a Dish 500 Plus system with the intent on watching TV in 2 different rooms. I'd like to know what type of switches(s) I need in order to run a single coaxial cable from the Dish 500 Plus system into the house and then once inside to the 2 different rooms.

In essence, I'm trying to minimize the amount of coaxial cable running from the Dish 500 Plus system to the receivers in 2 different rooms.

-drp37

By Dish 500+, you do mean the dish that picks up 119/110/118.7, right? If you do, then the switch will vary on what model of the LNB it is. There is DishPro (DP), and DishPro Plus (DPP).

The DP LNB does not have a built in switch, so if you only want to run one cable from the switch, to the inside of the house you'll need a DPP33 or DPP44 since the DPP Separator requires a DPP switch/LNB, otherwise you can do a DP34, and run 2 cables from the switch to the receiver.

If you do have the DPPlus LNB, then there would be no need for an external switch because one is already built into the LNB.

Hope this helps

Thanks Matthew. Yes, will have the DPPlus LNB. In order to "split" the coaxial from the LNB into 2 lines for each room, do I just need a DPP separator or a DPP33?

-drp37

Thanks Matthew. Yes, will have the DPPlus LNB. In order to "split" the coaxial from the LNB into 2 lines for each room, do I just need a DPP separator or a DPP33?

-drp37

Will this be just 1 duo receiver? If yes, then just the DPP Separator. If you plan on having 2 receivers, each will need a separate line from the LNB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)